Workshop Supervisor Job Opportunity at TWESCO
Job Title: Workshop Supervisor Job Opportunity at TWESCO
Main purpose of the job
To be responsible for workshop Staff and the smooth operation of the workshop with
adherence to Health and Safety compliance regulations. Supervision of the workshop
activities – KEEPING ADEQUATE SUPERVISION OF JOBS and quality checks DURING
AND THROUGH TO COMPLETION.
This position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating. workload and managing
the day to day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to coordinate
resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on
time and to a quality standard
Key Accountabilities for Workshop Supervisor Job Opportunity at TWESCO
- Firstly, Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Secondly, Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing, and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Director – Operations. Report on manpower overruns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Work with the Director – Operations to respond to client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate AMS's services to them, which may involve technical descriptions of products and the way they may be used.
- Receive and review feedback from customers and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with the Directors to investigate customer complaints and concerns arising from products and suggest appropriate solutions. Discuss with a team to identify an appropriate course of action.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client inquiries.
- Identify staff that requires on-going training and implements training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved. Work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model appropriate technical skills.
- Provide feedback to staff that is not performing to the expected level and ensure human resources are informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business.
Key performance measures
- 5 years and above
Personal Competencies for Workshop Supervisor Job Opportunity at TWESCO
- Firstly, Minimum of Diploma
- Secondly, Experience of 5 years and above
- Thirdly, Excellent Experience in Welding and Metalworks
- Fourthly, Good knowledge of computer
- Excellent Driving skills both Motor Vehicle as well as Motorcycle
- Furthermore, Good communication skills
- Also, Experience in managing workshop personnel
- Moreover, Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand drawings, ground plans, and elevations
- A desire to improve and learn new skills
- A willingness to engage in problem-solving
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation within a theatrical context
- A flexible approach to dealing with others
- Ability to lead others in a workshop environment
- Experience in manual handling, especially of large and intricate scenery
- Well groomed
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Integrity as well as honesty
Send your CV and Application letter to [email protected]
13 total views, 2 today