Underwriting Assistant at Job Opportunity at Britam
Job Title: Underwriting Assistant at Job Opportunity at Britam
Reviewing proposal forms, verifying client’s data, assessing the proposed risk within set standards, counterchecking the terms of the policy as well as reviewing the conditions of the policy. The role will report to the Assistant Underwriting Manager- Broking & Bancassurance.
- Assess the proposed risk within set standards
- Keep detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
- Review proposal forms
- Release policy documents, endorsements, valuation report to clients
- Communicate with clients on the renewal terms
- Maintain high standards of customer service – responding to clients enquiries; (brokers, telephone and emails)
- Liaise with brokers on issues relating to their policies
- Apply the credit control policy by ensuring that debit/credit notes raised are mailed and that they reach the brokers within the shortest time possible.
- Issue policy documents of general business
- Generate renewal notices for all renewal business
- Deliver on performance requirements as defined in the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard, and Personal Scorecard.
- Renewal retention ratio
- Claims ratio
- Customer turnaround time
- Debtors ratio
- Compliance to underwriting standards
Accountable to the Assistant Underwriting Manager-Broking & Bancassurance
Required to liaise and work closely with the other departments as may be necessary
- Insurance sector players
- Bachelor’s degree (insurance option preferred)
- At least one experience in the insurance industry
- Experience in customer, market and competitor understanding
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of Britam products
Learning and Researching: Rapidly learns new tasks and commits information to memory quickly; demonstrates an immediate understanding of newly presented information; gathers comprehensive information to support decision making at management level; learns from successes and failures and seeks colleague and customer feedback.
Working with People: Shows respect for the views and contributions of other team members; shows empathy; listens, supports and cares for others; consults others and shares information and expertise with them; builds team spirit and reconciles conflict; adapts to the team and fits in well.
Applying Expertise and Technology: Applies specialist and technical expertise; use technology to achieve work objectives; develops job knowledge and expertise (theoretical and practical) through continual professional development; demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions.
You May Also Like:
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; exhibits high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains own quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Following Instructions and Procedures: Follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates a commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
Adhering to Principles and Values: Uphold’s ethics and values; demonstrate integrity; accepts diversity; display individual responsibility towards the community and the environment; models the organizational values during everyday interactions.
International Insurance Business
8 total views, 1 today