TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER at Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT)
Job Title: TECHNICAL SUPPORT OFFICER
CCBRT seeks to recruit individuals who are passionate about serving people living with disabilities, as well as mothers and babies. Our staff is known for their expertise and compassionate approach, putting the patient first in everything we do. We foster a culture of improvement and innovation through staff collaboration and initiative.
Comprehensive Community-Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) is a local registered Non-Government Organisation first established in 1994. It is the largest indigenous provider of ophthalmic and rehabilitation services in the country. CCBRT aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as a healthcare social enterprise. Through different development programmes under CCBRT, the community and most vulnerable are served. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible. CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is currently constructing a Maternity and Newborn Hospital.
We are looking for a technical support officer who monitors and maintains computer systems and networks within the organization. He/she is the first line of support for any issues or changes required by the customer. The individual plays a critical role in ensuring service continuity for the business.
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face and Maintain inventory of hardware and software
- Monitor & maintain availability and optimum performance of computer systems
- Review of technical support related incidents, problem, and changes in liaison with other I&BA sub-units
- Actively participate in System and Infrastructure changes roll out.
- Take ownership of Incidents and Problems assigned to Infrastructure Support and ensure a timely solution.
- Set benchmarks to evaluate technology solutions and processes in favor of CCBRT
- Troubleshoot and solve end-user computer systems (hardware / Software), network related problems
- Documentation of changes and system technical configuration
- Provide training and technical support to end users
- Contribute to new system implementation and support including evaluation, selection, testing and training
- Log in all requests and jobs done in Helpdesk System
- Quarterly recertification and audit of end-user access & inventory
- Work with end users to identify computer problems and advising on the solution
- Analyze request/problem logs to identify common trends and underlying problems
- Updating self-help documents to facilitate end user self-troubleshoot
- Facilitate end-user technical induction and other system training
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology or Computer science with 1-2 years’ experience in troubleshooting, resolving computer systems and network issues in a Microsoft and Linux environment
- Qualification in ITIL desired AJIRA PORTAL
- Must have experience in using basic software applications such as Microsoft OS (XP, Vista, 7), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in an enterprise environment
- Good strong understanding of computer systems and network standards
- Must be a client-focused with self-initiative and a can-do attitude with an ability to think outside the box
How to Apply
If you are interested, please submit your curriculum vitae with 2 references and a cover letter telling us why you believe you are the right person for the role, and why you want to work for CCBRT in particular. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage people with disabilities to apply. Please send your application via email to [email protected]
Please indicate job reference number: 2018-19
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 7th December 2018.
10 total views, 2 today