SPECIALIST, PUBLIC RELATIONS (2 YEARS CONTRACT) Job Opportunity at NMB
Job Title: SPECIALIST, PUBLIC RELATIONS (2 YEARS CONTRACT)
Reporting line: Manager, Public Relations
Contract type: Temporary (2 years)
The job entails managing an organization’s reputation with the public in general and clients in particular. At the helm of managing NMB’s public image, is the public relations specialist, who oversees the efforts of the team in maintaining a favorable image of the company in the world of business. While managing PR, a specialist must also advice other team members in addressing media questions relating to the organization, pitch stories to the media, create effective press kits that highlight an organization’s products and/or services in the best light and handle any crisis or emergencies that arise within the organization by communicating with the line manager.
- Identify client groups and audiences and determine best way to communicate public information to them
- Prepare information for media kits, distribution of press releases to media house and ensure releases appear in the media as per plan.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with media houses
- Work closely with the PR agency to ensure that they delivery is in line with NMB strategy to meet company’s goals
- Responding to media queries including but not limited to Q&A’s requests from the media ensuring approved by the line manager prior to media submission.
Planning and Reporting
- Prepare a PR plan for every campaign launch and share with respective teams e.g. Marketing & Communication Team before the launch of any product/services or sponsorship events
- Monitoring the public and media’s opinion of NMB – provide daily PR media report i.e. scans and translation of the coverage (before 10am).
- Writing and editing press releases, speeches, Q&A’s ensuring you have product facts and approval from product owners. Ensure all information to the media is pre-approved by your line manager.
- Booking for NMB media interviews, including preparation of interview talking points for both printed and electronic media
- Provide pictures and captions of all events to Content Manager after the event.
- Review monthly media reports with other teams e.g. marketing and with your line manager
- Analyze competitor’s PR activities Vs NMB’s
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Observe and report on social, economic and political trends that might affect NMB
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep understanding of the media landscape and storytelling abilities.
- A shown ability to partner and build links with multiple functions and stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization.
- High-energy, self-starter with ability to drive and handle diverse program aspects.
- Strong dedication to excellence and delivering against objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills.
- Resilient with ability to work well under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Relevant Degree in Public Administration, advertising, industrial Psychology, Mass Communication or equivalent.
- Worked with media/PR agencies
You May Also Like:
Qualifications and Experience
3 years’ experience in PR or Mass Communications field
Experience with media monitoring and analytic tools is preferred
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
12 total views, 2 today