SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR (STA) at PSI December, 2018
Job Title: SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR (STA)
Reporting to: CHIEF OF PARTY
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Who we Are
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers”around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI and its local affiliates support national Ministries of Health to deliver improved vector control strategies. As a leading organization in vector control globally, PSI has delivered over 42 million treated mosquito nets.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Advisor (STA) to oversee the technical integrity of in country program to support service delivery across public, private and community channels and shaping the future of malaria vector control in Tanzania. This position is contingent upon 5-year Malaria Bednet Delivery USAID-funded project in Tanzania with an anticipated award of May 2019.
The Senior Technical Advisor (STA) oversees all monitoring and evaluation aspects of the vector control project in Tanzania. The STA coordinates the technical inputs of the team and monitors progress against the targets set. The STA also assesses needs and gaps in the project and proposes in conjunction with project staff as a plan to overcome them.
You will shape the future of malaria service delivery in Tanzania by:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of a strategic, long-term programmatic and technical vision forTVC;
- Oversee the design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework and information systems to track progress, outcomes, and impacts against targets set, to demonstrate success and influence decision making;
- Work with the Chief of Party to liaise with relevant donors, Country Government, project stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors to ensure the program is in line with best practices, delivered under national leadership, integrated with other programs, and is as efficient as possible;
- Oversee the technical components of the work planning process, performance management, and strategic communications.
What are we Looking For?
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of malaria vector control; preference will be given to those with USAID/PMI experience.
- Educational background in public health and or research.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to the in Country Malaria technical and policy debate.
- Experience leading monitoring and evaluation of programs including use of data to action frameworks.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
How to apply:
Application for the position must include:
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Thursday, 20th December, 2018. Please note that only short-listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Send you application to [email protected] in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email.
16 total views, 1 today