SENIOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited
Job Title: SENIOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited
BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.
The bank has the following key objectives:
- Firstly, To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- Secondly, To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- Also, To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- Moreover, To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- Lastly, To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER -1 Vacancy, Mbeya Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Zonal Manager. He/she will be responsible for advising on monitoring and evaluation activities related to bank’s projects.
- Firstly, Visit project sites and submit call reports periodically;
- Ensure the receipt and review of periodical statements of balance sheet, profit and loss, inventory, receivables, etc. from the borrower as stipulated in the credit memo;
- Secondly, Ensure that clients submit periodic reports on physical progress as well as financial status of project under implementation;
- Thirdly, Ensure that clients submit periodic reports on production, sales, finance and investment for operating projects;
- Also, Submit progress reports for projects under implementation and operating projects to the Credit Committee as required;
- Moreover, Maintain an ongoing review of credit facilities outstanding and give an early warning signals;
- Furthermore, Ensure that loans extended to the bank’s clients are repaid and advise the best ways to deal with defaulters;
- Set and implement a project impact evaluation framework in line with the bank’s development mandate;
- Perform remedial management of non-performing assets and where necessary institute appropriate recovery measures;
- Assist in preparation of plans and budgets for the zone;
- Lastly, Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Accounts, Banking or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit assessment and/or relationship banking at Officer level;
- Strong computer based analytic skills.
- Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e- mail addresses of the candidate;
Certified copies of relevant certificates
Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Tuesday, 11th December 2018.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
4th Floor Acacia Estates Building, Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372,
14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: [email protected]
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website:
16 total views, 1 today