SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER at Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB)
BACKGROUND OF TADB
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012.
The bank has the following key objectives:
To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth;
- Firstly, To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
- Secondly, To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
- Also, To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
- To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector;
- Lastly, To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural areas.
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies:
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER – 4 Vacancies (2 Dar es Salaam, 2 Mbeya)
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Business Development Manager and Zonal Manager. He/she will be responsible for the business development and management of corporate relationships within a zone.
- Firstly, Develop and market the bank’s business through contact with corporate customers, high net-worth individuals, government and quasi-government bodies, and other prospective clients;
- Secondly, Identify companies/institutions within a zone of good credit standing likely to have a requirement for the corporate banking services of the bank;
- Thirdly, Identify and develop business opportunities with companies/clients at a satisfactory rate of return to the bank;
- Also, Serve clients’ needs through a range of bank’s products and services by originating loans and projects;
- Furthermore, Provide a superior level of customer relations and service; and ensure compliance with bank’s policies and procedures;
- Moreover, Provide support to driving different business engagements and initiatives within a zone in conjunction with the Zonal Manager;
- Provide support to developing, orchestrating and implementing effective internal as well as external business strategies;
- Provide support to promoting a pro-business mindset and culture in the Bank’s environment;
- Obtain all the client information necessary for the appraisal of a credit proposition and liaise with Credit Analysts as and when appropriate;
- Assist in preparation of business plans and budgets for the zone;
- Lastly, Perform any other duties assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Firstly, University Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Agricultural Economics, Finance, Accounts, Banking or related discipline;
- Secondly, Minimum of 3 years’ experience in credit assessment and/or relationship banking at Officer level;
- Thirdly, Strong computer based analytic skills.
- Also, Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style;
- Lastly, Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
- Firstly, Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
- Secondly, An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- Thirdly, Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e- mail addresses of the candidate;
- Also, Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Lastly, Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Tuesday, 11th December 2018.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
4th Floor Acacia Estates Building, Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
P.O. Box 63372,
14109 DAR ES SALAAM.
Email: [email protected]
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website:
21 total views, 3 today