SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICS OFFICER Job Opportunity at Jane Goodall Institute (JGI),
- Job Vacancy: SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
Work Station: Kigoma, Gombe National Park
Reporting Line: Program Director – GSRC
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
– Responsible for handling day to day administrative duties in order
to make sure daily activities of the program are carried out as planned.
– Ensure accountable, timely and cost-effective shopping, purchasing of work-related supplies and monthly staff entitlements for GSRC Program.
– Effective handling of cash including proper recording of spending, cash safety and cash banking.
– Develop realistic logistics budget and controls of the budgetary spending for GSRC operations.
Exercise reconciliations of the spending versus the allocated budget.
– Effective record keeping for all the purchases.
– Ensure quality and safety of goods procured for GSRC staff and realise the value of money.
– Administer boat schedules to Gombe and Kigoma, their safety, maintenance and costings.
– Ensure the GSRC motor vehicle is maintained and that the vehicle is always in good condition for work related trips.
– Coordinate and manage data and documents related to employees in support of the HR.
– Work closely with HR team to make sure all the HR related issues and activities are carried out well as planned by the HR department.
– Track and record staff pension fund contributions.
– Ensure logistics requirements take gender-specific needs into consideration.
– Administer logistics activities related to procurement and funding.
– Develop logistical reports on material and personnel movements and various operational logistics problems.
– Organise boat transport for GSRC staff going to and from Gombe on monthly work shifts, handle the following annual leave, health-checks & other medical visits, all work-related movements, and facilitate them to obtain the necessary payments from the Finance Department.
– Provide liaison between GSRC Management at Gombe and staff members who are away from the workplace.
– Secure flight bookings for staff for their work-trips away from Kigoma.
– Assist in logistics and hospitality for JGI-visitors, donors etc. to reach and return from Gombe.
– Work closely with finance team to ensure expenses are properly coded.
– Participate in data entry into the accounting system.
– Update information relating to staff contributions to social security funds
– Perform other activities as may be required
Minimum job Requirements & Qualifications:
o Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accountancy, Business Administration, Procurement or related field
o At least 3 years experience in administration and logistics,
o Working in Conservation organization is an added advantage,
o Must be a person of high integrity,
o Good communication skills and Good report writing skills
o Leadership and Management experience of people team,
o A very good command in the English language, both writing and speaking,
o Good interpersonal skills and a quick learner.
All applications should be submitted together with the most recent
Curriculum Vitae (resume), copy of relevant certificates, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address, and should be send to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Deadline: Seven (7) days from the date of the first appearance of this advertisement on the newspapers JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, and marital status.
APPLY TO [email protected]
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
25 total views, 1 today