Research Team Lead Consultant Job Vacancy at International Alert
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Alert is in discussion with TradeMark East Africa. To carry out a baseline study for its Women in Trade programme. And is seeking applications for a consultant to lead the field research in Kenya.
This Women in Trade programme aims to contribute to the greater inclusion of women in trade as one of the pathways to increased business competitiveness and increased trade in the East African Community (EAC) region and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). Apply fo Research Team Lead Consultant Job Vacancy at International Alert
It aims to do this through two key objectives:
- Objective (i): Increase trade value and incomes of women traders by addressing the constraints faced by women as they gradually transition to formal trade and ensure that they trade gainfully; and
- Objective (ii): Increase the number of women participating in trade through the elimination of the barriers of entry to trade for women across the EAC.
The baseline study will use a mixed-method methodology, combining desk-based research, field surveys, focus group discussions as well as key informant interviews, to produce a comprehensive qualitative and quantitative assessment for the programme.
This methodology combines ‘hard’ data relating to trade volumes and trends, and political and economic policy and institutional infrastructure that is in place, with perceptions and socio-cultural data that influences, for example, the way in which women traders use the policy tools that are available to them to maximize their trade. As such, the methodology will provide a holistic picture of the barriers and opportunities for women to play a greater role in trade across the key locations where the programme will be implemented.
The analytical framework for the study will:
- Firstly, gather quantitative and qualitative data against the programme log frame
- Secondly, provide an in-depth analysis of the political, socio-economic, policy/institutional and environmental context basing on the implementation of the programme
- Thirdly, test the results chain and theory of change of the project
The Research Team Lead will supervise a team of data collectors. To gather economic, socio-cultural, environmental and policy data at key border crossing points in Kenya, feed into the design of appropriate data collection tools and make these relevant to the context, and feed into the analysis of the baseline assessment report.
Note, the above includes some of the requirements for the job. Furthermore requirements, please read the Terms of Reference.
You May also, Like!!!!
To apply for Research Team Lead Consultant Job Vacancy at International Alert. Please send a CV and cover letter. Outlining your relevant experience and anticipated day rate. to [email protected] You are therefore encouraged to apply by 14 November 2018.
The review of the Applications will go on as we receive them. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
8 total views, 1 today