REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER Job Opportunity at FHI 360 Mtwara
Job Title: REGIONAL TECHNICAL MANAGER
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in a position of Regional Technical Managers in Mtwara for USAID Boresha Afya Southern Zone Project.
The purpose of the project is to support Government of Tanzania (GoT) efforts to increase access to high quality, comprehensive and integrated health services, especially for women and youth, with focus on HIV, TB, maternal, neonatal, child and reproductive health and nutrition outcomes.
- Participating in the development of and monitoring regional technical work plans and budgets
- Ensuring appropriate levels of technical assistance in program interventions
- Coordinating partner efforts in program implementation
- Working with and providing technical leadership and support to relevant project staff in the regional and district offices for effective program planning, implementation, and monitoring
- Providing overall supervision for all technical regional and district Boresha Afya project staff and ensuring compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by Boresha Afya project and its funders
- Overall management and coordination of technical Boresha Afya project activities at the regional and district offices
- Serve as the technical point of contact with regional and district stakeholders and coordinate and collaborate with all stakeholders and NGO partners at the region
- Monitoring all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet reporting goals and requirements
- Providing programmatic/technical assistance to all partners in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring, and evaluation of project activities
- Coordinating all technical capacity building activities for Boresha Afya project partners at the regional and district levels
- Reviewing periodic reports (technical narratives and data) submitted by all collaborating partners at the regional level and forward same to regional manager and managers’ facility and community integrated service delivery at Boresha Afya Project country office
- Undertaking regular technical supportive supervision, mentoring and monitoring visits to project sites as necessary
- Ensuring that all technical project assets and other resources are effectively managed
- Collaborating with other IPs based in the region to coordinate project activities
- Performing other duties.
- MB.BS/MD or similar degree with 3-5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 3 years’ experience with HIV/AIDS program planning and implementation at the district or regional level working with public and NGO/CBO sectors. MPH an additional advantage
- Experience in designing and implementing public health and HIV/AIDS clinical and community programs
- Extensive knowledge of health programming at regional and district level
- Working knowledge of donor policies as well as national health policies and strategies, i.e. HSSP IV and national HIV Care and treatment guidance of NACP
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs
- Diplomatic; demonstrated experience in undertaking policy dialogue with different stakeholders at regional and district level including community leadership
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection, gender issues, youth, and reproductive health
- Ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful technical implementation of programs
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance
- Demonstrated expertise in building an effective relationship with key internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with m-Health platforms and its use Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision
- Ability to intervene with staff with diplomacy and firmness Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 50%.
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may either submit their application Curriculum Vitae/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees to Email: [email protected] or Apply online. FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Closing Date: December 8, 2018
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies, and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
24 total views, 3 today