Regional Program Director at TechnoServe November, 2018
Job Title: Regional Program Director at TechnoServe November, 2018
Location: Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam
Reporting to: East Africa Regional Director
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise (STRYDE)
TechnoServe, in partnership with Mastercard Foundation, has been undertaking the Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise (STRYDE) program targeting the large youth population in rural Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania. The second phase of the program started in 2014 and is expected to support 48,000 youth by the end of 2019. The overall program goal is to sustainably improve livelihoods for rural youth, aged 18 to 30, and their households.
Working closely with Country Directors and TechnoServe’s East Africa regional team, you will be responsible for achievement of the program’s goal to train 48,000 rural youth to increase their productive economic engagement. Responsibilities encompass the overall implementation of the project, including stakeholder relationships, team leadership and management, project planning, budget management, and work plan monitoring, M&E and timely and cost-effective delivery of results. You will oversee a large team across Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda. Key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the project is implemented with sound managerial, technical, financial, human resources and overall programmatic practices and that the processes and activities adhere to corporate and donor standards.
- Provide coaching, direction, and leadership to team members in order to achieve results, including overall management, coordination and quality monitoring of STRYDE team’s input and work content.
Representation and Communication
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction in the field of youth economic empowerment by representing STRYDE and widely sharing lessons learned at internal and external events.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with donor representatives as well as relevant stakeholders in each of the program countries and across the region.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for TechnoServe Inc. to be a leader in the sector, as appropriate.
Required Skills & Experience:
Master’s degree in relevant field
- Seven years of experience in management, program design, and planning; multi-cultural and remote personnel management experience
- International development experience, entrepreneurship skills, and experience working with youth training and/or mentorship programs preferred
- Ability to learn and become a thought leader in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Fluency in English required
Success factors Core Competencies:
- Integrity and honesty:
- Team Work/ Relationships:
- Learning attitude:
- Decision making/Problem Solving:
- Results Oriented/ High-Quality Deliverables
- Planning & Time Management
- Business Acumen:
You May Also Like:
Technical and Managerial Competencies
- Financial & Resource Management
- Innovative Mindset
- Emotional Intelligence:
- Strategic Thinking:
- Staff Development:
- Trust to Delegate:
- Feedback/Coaching (mentoring) |
VII, Application instructions
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a single word- formatted document consisting of a cover letter and resume to [email protected], the final deadline for application is November 30, 2018. Women are encouraged to apply. Only applicants meeting minimum qualification will be contacted.
10 total views, 1 today