Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Posting – Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
Organization: Right To Play
Department/Division: Tanzania Country Office
Work location: Mugumu – Serengeti
Authorized to Work in Tanzania (for Tanzanian national only)
Employment Start Date: Immediately
Contract Duration: 1 year with a possibility of Extension based on funding availability. Apply for Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
Right To Play is a global organization committed to improving the lives of children and youth affected by conflict, disease and poverty. Established in 2000, Right To Play has pioneered a unique play-based approach to learning and development which focuses on quality education, life skills, health, gender equality, child protection and building peaceful communities.
With programming in over 20 countries, Right To Play transforms the lives of more than one million children each week using play and sports, both inside and outside of the classroom. In addition to our work with children, Right To Play advocates with parents, local communities, and governments to advance the fundamental rights of all children.
Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Visit us at www.righttoplay.com. In Tanzania, Right To Play is legally registered under the NGO act of 2002 with certificate of registration number 12343 and certificate of compliance number 1501, reaching more than 113 pre-primary and primary schools in Dar Es Salaam, Morogoro and Mara.
JOB SUMMARY FOR Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for overseeing project implementation and relationship management with the local partner in the regions of Mara and Morogoro. He/she will support the delivery of play-based training and support and liaise with key stakeholders. He / She is expected to coordinate activities with local partners and work closely with the field facilitators as required.
The Project Officer will be based in Mugumu Serengeti with up to 30% of time travelling to Right to play project areas in Morogoro and Mara.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
Job Responsibility #1: Project administration (45%)
- Contributes to the formulation of the project strategic plans feeding into the overall country strategic plan. Prepares and leads the implementation plan of project activities.
- Also, Guides Field Facilitators on executing the activities.
- Furthermore, Ensures that activities are compliant with RTP methodology and standards.
- Develops and strengthens understanding of our project management cycle with project staff and partners.
- Moreover, Participates in the planning of budget and tracks activity expenses occurred against cash projections. Completes monthly budget projections and tracks expenditures
Job Responsibility #1: Team management (20%)
- Firstly, Conducts performance appraisals for all direct reports and provides regular feedback on performance.
- Secondly, Oversees performance of any contract staff such as security guards where applicable.
- furthermore, Ensures staff understands and complies with policies of RTP.
- also, Assesses training needs of all direct reports with input from project staff, partners and stakeholders.
- Oversees training of coaches delivered by Field Facilitators and observes coaches’ performance for certification.
Job Responsibility #3: Networking, representation and partnership building (15%)
- Firstly, Shares activity plans with local NGOs, CBOs (community-based organizations) and looks for synergies and opportunities to work together. Conducts an assessment survey to determine the NGOs that RTP could partner with and initiates partnerships.
- Ensures implementation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) and agreements with local representation of Government and partner organizations.
- Also, Facilitates collaboration and networking with other organizations, government and other relevant institutions to enhance RTP visibility and project activities and Coordinates planning meetings with partners and represents RTP in various platforms.
Job Responsibility #3: Monitoring and Reporting (15%)
- Firstly, Visits project locations to oversee activities, events and collects information to report on performance outcomes.
- Works with school directors and teachers to develop their understanding of RTP’s monitoring and evaluation system as it relates to reporting on children and teachers actively involved in sport and play activities.
- Ensures accurate collection and timely submission of quantitative and quantitative monitoring information according to RTP monitoring tools.
- furthermore,Submits regularly reports to PM/PO and occasionally external stakeholders including Ministries, partners and donors.
- Also, Provides quarterly updates of lessons learned and best practices to project team, stakeholders and the Program Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have) For Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
- Firstly, EDUCATION/TRAINING/CERTIFICATION Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, social sciences or other related discipline.
- Secondly, EXPERIENCE 3 years’ experience in project administration or community work including managing direct reports.
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES FOR Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
• Able to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks • Strong development and team building skills
TECHNICAL SKILLS FOR Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
• Firstly, Computer literacy in outlook, MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel as well as Internet
• Secondly, Understand the project management cycle
• Thirdly, Effective report writing as well as analytical skills
Fluency in spoken and written English as well as Swahili language (s). DESIRED
QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Firstly, Knowledge in child and/or adult education
- Secondly, Knowledge in Sport for Development
- Thirdly, Experience developing and managing budgets
HOW TO APPLY FOR Project Officer Job Opportunity at Right To Play November 2018
16 total views, 1 today