Project Field Assistant (Mkoani Pemba -Zanzibar) at UNESCO
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Post Title: Project Field Assistant (Mkoani Pemba -Zanzibar) at UNESCO– Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through Education in Tanzania- Project (open to Tanzanian nationals only)
Contract Type: Service Contract – SB3
Duration: 1 Year (renewable based on availability of funding and performance)
Duty Station: Mkoani, Pemba -Zanzibar – United Republic Tanzania Posting Date: 15th November 2018 Closing Date: 25th November 2018
Overview of Under the overall authority of the Head and Representative of UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office, and direct Functions supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Project Field Assistant will perform the following tasks;
- Firstly, Support implementation of the project including monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the project and preparing progress reports;
- Secondly, Provide assistance in the preparation and timely implementation of work plans ensured in consultation and collaboration with project coordinator and project officer as well as with UN, partner agencies, Government and CSOs counterparts in line with UNESCO financial and administration rules and regulation.
- Thirdly, Assist in ensuring that Inter-sectoral cooperation is promoted and relevant activities implemented in Kasulu district.
- Furthermore, Contribute to the development and maintenance of partner relations
- Also, Provide administrative support in various government organized thematic and working groups, consultative relations with government authorities (include UNESCO National Commission) and non-governmental organizations developed.
- Ensure an updated database of the relevant contacts of partners and national government counterparts at regional and district level.
- Assist in ensuring visibility of UNESCO’s contribution at community, district, regional and national levels and increase visibility and communicate project results at district regional and national level
- Assist in compiling information contributing to the communication related activities for the project of
Profile: Education For Project Field Assistant (Mkoani Pemba -Zanzibar) at UNESCO
- Degree in Education, developmental Studies or any related field.
Work Experience for Project Field Assistant (Mkoani Pemba -Zanzibar) at UNESCO
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience managing education development projects preferably in UNESCO or in a UN Organization or Specialized Agency or a large international company. Experience working with local government in the education sector will be an added advantage.
Skills/Competencies for Project Field Assistant (Mkoani Pemba -Zanzibar) at UNESCO
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili including the ability to draft/review/revise documents, translations, as well as ability to interact with all levels of parties/counterparts is essential,
- Also, Strong organizational and advanced coordination skills to prioritise large volumes of work for timely regular reporting.
- Furthermore, Demonstrated administrative skills in organising meetings, building partnerships, coordination, communication and other functions
- Accuracy and attention to detail, initiative, team-oriented, discretion/confidentiality.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements should submit an application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae via email to [email protected] or hand deliver in sealed envelope marked “Project Field Assistant” to: The Head and Representative, UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office, 59 Mtwara Crescent, Oysterbay, Dares Salaam, Tanzania no later than 25th November 2018.
A WRITTEN EXAMINATION MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment process
21 total views, 1 today