PROJECT COORDINATOR Job Opportunity at Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Job Title: PROJECT COORDINATOR
Reports to: Project Manager
Work Location: Mtwara
Who we are
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments, and local leaders to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve the quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in the core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solutions networks. The AKDN’s integrated approach makes longterm investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning, and evaluation.
Also, The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, non-denominational, international development agency promoting creative and effective solutions to selected problems that impede social and economic development in parts of Africa and Asia. AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectoral initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education, and civil society strengthening.
Moreover, Sunflower Market development project “Alizeti Maendeleo” funded by The Agriculture Markets Development Trust (AMDT) the main objective is to strengthen sunflower market system and to promote inclusive sustainable economic development in southern Tanzania including women, youth and smallholder farmers. Key thematic areas addressed by the project includes access to improved seeds, extension services, the capacity of oil processors and market linkages.
The Alizeti Maendeleo Project Coordinator will be working in liaison with the Project Manager and will be responsible for managing a team of 5 Project Officers based in districts. He/she will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of field activities across geographies, service providers and implementing partners.
- Firstly, Promotion of value chain actors’ collaboration and coordination initiatives. Like farmer organization, agro-dealers association, processor association formation, and strengthening. To ensure a well-structured value chain and enhance collective actions and advocacy for improved business environment.
- Secondly, Leading in technical resources management regarding the pro-poor extension and advisory systems including identification of extension gaps. Designing solutions, identification of service providers and engagement.
- Thirdly, Promotion of adoption of improved seeds through managing demand stimulation initiatives. Like establishment of demo plots and strengthening the distribution system through by linking seed suppliers with agro-dealers.
- Moreover, Ensure the mobilization of target communities, understanding of objectives, active participation and adoption of promoted practices among the target communities and managing the Field Based Extension Officers (government), Lead farmers (CBF) and other extension service providers to ensure training and advice amongst sunflower farmer groups on G(xxl Agriculture Practices according to recommended guides.
- Furthermore, Ensure delivery of training through engaging dynamic approaches that communicate the key messages effectively and provide follow up support to the farmer groups.
- Moreover, In collaboration with Enterprise Development Qxmlinator, design and promote gender mainstreaming initiatives to promote women and youth inclusiveness within the project.
- In collaboration with the enterprise development coordinator support market linkage initiatives as well promotion of value addition amongst pnxlucers.
- Compilation and consolidation of periodic field implementation reports by project officers, partners and service providers.
- Management of project officer performance through guiding them in work planning, setting of targets and performance evaluation.
- Also, Capacity building of project officers through coaching on approaches to work with service providers. Partners and service providers in the communities
- Lastly, Ensure a harmonious relationship between the project. The implementing partners, service providers, communities, the government extension officer and the DAICO.
- Firstly, At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Community Development, business or social sciences from reputable training institute
- Secondly, Knowledge and/or experience on market systems approach (M4P) facilitation
- Thirdly, Possesses Multi-stakeholder project working experiences
- Also, Mobilization and social organization skills and experience in any of the agriculture value chains
- Moreover, Experience in leading and managing team or coordination role in previous roles.
- Furthermore, At least 5 years of successful working experience with development organization preferably in agriculture market systems development
- Lastly, Willingness to work and live in the districts of Lindi and Mtwara region
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees before closing of business by 17th December 2018, to Country Human Resources Manager, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania, by e-mail to [email protected]. Please mention the title of the position in your email. And also, do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
We encourage female candidates to apply
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).
APPLY TO [email protected]
24 total views, 1 today