PROGRAMME & OPERATIONS OFFICER WISH2ACTION at Options Consultancy Services December, 2018
Job Title: PROGRAMME & OPERATIONS OFFICER
We’re seeking an experienced individual, who will be successfully leading on evidence and accountability to our team in Tanzania of the UK-Aid funded Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (WISH2ACTION) Lot 2 programme. He/She will provide excellent important in-country management support to the team and consultants based in Tanzania, and enable us to achieve above and beyond key performance indicators.
Summary purpose and objective of the role
The Programme and Operations Officer is based in Tanzania. They will work closely with the National Ownership (NO) Lead, the Evidence, and Accountability Advisor, the Policy and Planning Advisor and Health Financing Advisor in Tanzania and provide support in key programmatic areas as requested. In supporting the management of the programme, the position will have a close working relationship with the Finance & Administration Manager to ensure high-quality financial management of the programme. Liaison and support is provided by the Options Programme Management & Finance Teams in London and the regional Finance & Admin team based in Nairobi.
The position holder is responsible for supporting the NO Lead and workstream leads to ensure that the WISH Tanzania programme is implemented efficiently and effectively, with responsibilities in the three core areas of:
- · Operations, Finance and Administration;
- · Quality Assurance of Technical Assistance; and,
- · Reporting to the WISH Kenya regional hub and Options London.
The role plays an important in-country management support function for the Tanzania programme as well as playing a key liaison role within the WISH2Action management structure. This ensures appropriate communication and coordination with the Options London-based support (Programme Manager and Programme Accountant) and WISH2Action Kenya regional hub support (Regional Finance & Admin Manager).
The position reports to the Tanzania National Ownership lead, and will have key working relationships with the Programme Manager in DFID Tanzania as well as links with counterparts in the Ministry of Health and other key partners to the programme.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- · At least a BSc or relevant qualification or related comparable experience in a relevant field.
- · Experience of supporting a health programme for at least one year.
- · Demonstrable experience supporting and coordinating technical work in similar organisations.
- · Experience of working in Tanzania in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs.
- · Experience in budgeting, project planning, financial and narrative report writing.
See the Job Description for more details: https://options.co.uk/jobs/programme-operations-officer-0
About the programme and Options
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
WISH2ACTION is led by the International Planned Parenthood Foundation (IPPF) with the following consortium partners: Options (national ownership lead); Marie Stopes International (service delivery partner); International Rescue Committee (service delivery partner); Development Media International (social norm and behaviour change lead) and Handicap International (inclusion of disabilities).
Our approach to National Ownership comprises of four strategies: increase government commitment to SRH/FP outcomes through domestic financing; use evidence-based advocacy and effective partnerships to strengthen policy and legislation; use evidence to hold the government to account for SRH outcomes and; promote quality control and standards of service provision and care.
- · Options is an equal opportunities employer
- · Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
· Overseas candidates require to have the right to work in Tanzania.
· To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Michael Cavanagh at [email protected]. Candidates should state the role (Tanzania-P&OO – WISH2ACTION) in the subject header.
· Closing date 21st December: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only. Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received.
· Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews may be organised directly with shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis and the position may be filled before the closing date.
· Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate).
17 total views, 1 today