Program Officer Job Opportunity at HACOCA,
HURUMA AIDS CONCERN AND CARE (HACOCA) is a registered Non Governmental organization with its Head Quarter in Morogoro Municipal. It is a non-profit making organization incorporated under NGO act. 24/ 2002 of Tanzania to carry out interventions towards improving the quality of life and well-being to marginalized communities in Morogoro region by promoting health, nutrition, education, and household income. Apply for Program Officer Job Opportunity at HACOCA,
Job Position: Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Program Officer
Duty Station: Mvomero and Kilosa DC
Nafasi za Kazi Tanzania 2018
The Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC ) & Gender Program Officer position is responsible for ensuring intervention that includes HIV Preventions, Gender and SRH services are offered at the highest standards possible to the target Key and Vulnerable Population E.g. Female Sex Workers (FSW) and Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) following the project standard of operation guideline.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR Program Officer Job Opportunity at HACOCA,
- Firstly, Support the Program Manager in identification and recruitment of the KVP Peer educators following the criteria as stipulated in SAUTI SBCC Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) document. Support the Peer Educators in the identification, management and rolling out SBCC intervention activities for the key Population and Vulnerable groups beneficiaries in project sites.
- Support beneficiaries mapping, preparation of the hotspots and hangouts directory to guide the Peer educators during interventions in the communities.
- Oversee the demand creation activities and linkages between CBHTC+, HBTC offered services to Female Sex Workers, Vulnerable Adolescent Girls and Young Women (vAGYW), Partners of FSW and Pediatrics
- Support the Peer educators in development of the route and micro plans that will be used strategically to locate Key and vulnerable populations for health and educational services in communities
- Prepare the monthly SBCC program reports and submit to the program manager for further reporting and use Lead the Peer Educators monthly meetings for debrief, collect achievements, challenges and plans for the next month
- Furthermore, Network and collaborate with Gender Desks, CHAC, DACC, DSWOs, and CDOS to support the KVP access to multi-sectoral services e.g. Health, Legal and Police supports (GBV Cases) 1 of 2
- Also, Support the development and implementation of the district service linkages to support the KVP in the site of operations.
- Lastly, Participate in the development and testing of BCC materials and interventions, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE FOR Program Officer Job Opportunity at HACOCA,
A. Education Background:
Bachelor degree in Social Work, Sociology, Community Development or other related field combined with additional one (1) or more years of experience in a similar responsible position.
Work Experience For Program Officer Job Opportunity at HACOCA,
- Firstly, Minimum of one (1) year of relevant work experience in Non- Profit organization work with a specialty to Gender and or health projects is required.
- Secondly, Highly flexible to accept dual roles and extra tasks as assigned by the site coordinator
- Thirdly, Must be willing to work off and unusual hours and travel up to 70% the time.
- Fourthly, Prior experience in working with literate and non-literate audiences;
- Fifthly, Experience in participatory methods An excellent skill in both written and spoken English
You May Also Like
- Program Officer SBCC Gender at Job Opportunity at EngenderHealth
An excellent skill in both written and spoken English
- HOW TO APPLY
All qualified candidates should send their fully filled Applications. Including a covering letter, academic certificates (copies) and detailed CV to [email protected]Deadline for applications is 16:00 November 15th, 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not received communication one week after the deadline should consider themselves unsuccessful.
6 total views, 1 today