PR EXECUTIVE Job Opportunity at Smart Codes
Job title: PR EXECUTIVE
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Reporting to: General Manager, Smart Codes
Job Summary: Public relations (PR) is about managing reputation. It involves gaining understanding and support for your clients, as well as trying to influence opinion and behavior. It is using all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of your clients by communicating key messages, often using third party endorsements, to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between organizations/companies and their public. As a PR officer, you’ll monitor publicity and conduct research to find out the concerns and expectations of your client’s stakeholders. You’ll then report and explain the findings to its management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies;
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups;
- Liaising with, and answering enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations/companies, often via telephone and email;
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favourable public and stakeholder views of the organization’s/company’s agenda and accomplishments;
- Collating and analysing media coverage;
- Writing and editing speeches, articles and press releases;
- Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and employees;
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- Knowledge of consumer marketing.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- A person who has worked in an advertising agency/ creative industry before
- More than 5 years of experience
You May Also Like:
How To Apply: To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and share with us why you feel you would be the best candidate for the job…to [email protected]
Address your applications to us:
Chief Executive Officer
Smart Codes – HQ
House No. 25, Mikocheni A, Senga Road.
P.O. Box 79375,
Dar es Salaam,
20 total views, 1 today