Operations Manager at Job Opportunity at Abt Associates
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Operations Manager at Job Opportunity at Abt Associates.Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS Plus). SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The primary goal of the project is to improve health outcomes and contribute to the achievement of major global efforts, especially Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths, AIDS-free Generation, and FP2020. The private sector is integral to the health system and an important provider of priority health care services. To improve health outcomes and meet these global commitments, SHOPS Plus will strategically engage the private sector. SHOPS Plus Tanzania will increase the use of priority health services for family planning (FP), HIV, and malaria by strengthening the capacity of the private sector to provide quality health products and services, improving the enabling environment for private sector provision of health products and services, and improving ownership of total market approaches within Tanzanian institutions.
The Operations Manager will report to the Chief of Party and support the programmatic and operational direction of the program. The Operations Manager will support the COP in facilitating the development of implementation strategies, annual work plans, and budget monitoring processes. He/she will supervise the technical Senior Program Officers as they lead activities. This will include monitoring program progress against work plans, assessing the quality of execution based on outcomes and stakeholder feedback, and elevating issues as required. The Operations Manager will have supervisory responsibilities.
The Operations Manager at Job Opportunity at Abt Associates will be responsible for the following:
- Provides programmatic and operational direction in the execution of the work plan, with guidance from the COP.
- Supervises the work of the Sr. Program Officers, including monitoring progress and quality of activities implemented.
- Clarifies roles, delegate responsibilities to all program staff, communicating expectations for work and contribution to project activities.
- Tracks deliverable requirements, including contents, due dates, and submission, and ensures the project is compliant
- Facilitates development and required reviews of the work plan, quarterly reports, and all other deliverables.
- Provides management and oversight of subcontractors, and consultants, including sub-award monitoring, tracking, and reporting
- Reviews monthly financial reports with COP and financial team.
- Oversees the recruitment process during the start-up of a new project, including the development of staffing plans, job descriptions, and advertisements; participates in interviews and provides recommendations on candidate selection.
- Serves on the project Senior Management team of the Tanzania office.
- Manages the contracts and scopes of work of international and local partners.
- Collaborates with the research and evaluation team to track, review and report project performance.
- Assesses opportunities to enhance the quality of project deliverables and to share findings externally.
You May Also Like!!!
A candidate suitable for this vacancy of Operations Manager at Job Opportunity at Abt Associates must have:
- Master’s Degree (minimum) in Public Health or Business Administration, or other related fields.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in global health, public health, social development sector and/or the corporate sector.
- Experience of interacting with donor agencies at high levels especially USAID and the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly, and Children.
- Demonstrated leadership in management skills and the ability to support a complex program and motivate a multidisciplinary team and manage diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English – both orally and in writing.
7 total views, 1 today