Features Editor at Mwananchi Communications Limited November, 2018
Mwananchi Communications Limited publishers of leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, Mwanaspoti, and The Citizen is looking for highly motivated and experienced individuals to fill the position of:Features Editor at Mwananchi Communications Limited November, 2018
FEATURES EDITOR ( For Mwanaspoti Newspaper)
To coordinate and manage operations of features desk to ensure continuous generation of strong content that conforms to journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
Main Responsibilities for Features Editor at Mwananchi Communications Limited November, 2018
- Firstly, Is responsible for the editorial content of the features pages in line with the paper » Generates features articles for Mwanaspoti papers.
- Secondly, Coordinates editing and production of features pages.
- Thirdly, Checks and corrects editorial for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, spellings etc.
- Also, Assigns features articles to writers.
- Furthermore, Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity, style etc.
- Moreover, Writes or rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Design features pages.
- Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
- Checks the printed soft copy also, and corrects any errors, signs of the pages to go to press
- Supports preparation and realization of long-term and short-term editorial plans regarding the features sections based on continuing consultations with the Managing Editor
- Supervises the performance by subordinates in the features section
- Seeks external contributors/contributions
- Prepares page one promos for highlighting special features
- Lastly, To achieve agreed targets:
Deadline control: Zero tolerance
Qualifications and Experience:
Academic: Basic University Degree
Professional: Diploma in Journalism
Experience: 5 years working experience combining writing with subbing skills
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and daytime telephone contact directly to the Human resources manager by December 1, 2018.
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754.
Email: [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MCL is an equal opportunity employer.
16 total views, 3 today