Job Opportunity at The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS), Field Research Assistant
Job Title: Field Research Assistant
The Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences (CUHAS) on behalf of SNAP-AMR Project (Supporting the National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance in Tanzania) is looking for highly qualified and motivated person to fill the following position;
Field Research Assistant
Job Summary: Collects, edits, processes and coordinates research data in support for the specified research study. Arranges and conducts field interviews as appropriate to the study and records research data in accordance with specified protocol and procedures. Travels to various places within a specified geographical area as appropriate to the objectives of the study.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor Degree in Social Science from an accredited Institution with at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in identifying and recruiting research subjects.
- Interviewing and data collection skills.
- Ability to understand and apply specified field and/or laboratory research procedures and protocols.
- Computer data entry skills.
- Skill in the use of computer spreadsheet and/or database applications in the compilation of research data.
- Ability to evaluate, verify, and edit research data.
- Communication: Research assistants need to be able to speak and write about their findings clearly, as well as understand assignments and instructions.
- Attention to Detail: Finding the right information takes concentration.
- Critical Thinking: Research assistants need to use decisive reasoning to determine the best course of action in their research.
- Technical Skills: Research assistants will use computers to research their information, as well as record their findings. Additional Distinguishing Characteristics: This position requires;
- Independent travel to remote field sites;
- Using an established research protocol, procedures, and techniques to collect and/or prepare biological field data, samples, specimens, materials, and/or media;
- Following detailed protocol and procedures in the recording, processing, and routine analysis of field data;
- Setting up and operation of relevant research equipment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Travels to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study.
- As appropriate to the specified position, codes and verifies data in accordance with specified research protocol and coding procedures, and enters data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis.
- Develops or assists in the development of interview schedules; contacts potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol, and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone.
- Identifies and compiles lists of potential research subjects in accordance with study objectives and parameters, as appropriate to the individual position.
- Conducts and records face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures, and documentation standards.
- Reviews and edits data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follows up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected.
- May set up, calibrate, and maintain laboratory and/or field research equipment, as specified by the requirements of the study.
- May lead or guide the work of students sponsored by the project.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Working and Employment Conditions
- This is a two years fixed employment contract.
- Field assistant work requires a lot of traveling to the field areas as well as spending long hours sitting or standing and often working nights and weekends depending on the area of research.
- A successful candidate for the post will be offered a competitive package and befits in accordance to his/her qualifications and experience as per CUHAS Scheme of Service.
You May Also Like:
- All applicants have to be Citizens of Tanzania.
- Applications must be typed in English.
- All application letters must be accompanied with detailed and current Curriculum Vitae, all relevant certificates and full transcripts.
- Names and valid addresses (and phone numbers and emails) of 3 credible referees must be provided.
- The deadline is Wednesday 5th December 2018.
- All applications must be addressed and sent to:
12 total views, 2 today