Head of Retail Banking at a Leading Bank in Tanzania November, 2018
JOB TITLE: Head of Retail Banking at a Leading Bank in Tanzania November, 2018
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Driving of the Bank Retail Business
DEPARTMENT: Retail Department HOURS OF WORK: 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload REGION: Dares Salaam (Corporate Office)
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Firstly, To formulate a coordinated Retail Bank Strategy where all the employees, branches, DSA’s, support functions and external vendors (solution providers/alliances etc.) work in a single direction to increase customer base, balance sheet and revenue pools thereby increasing the profitability & enhancing brand value of the bank.
- Secondly, To formulate a coordinated distribution strategy of the bank (conventional & digital) and propose to the Board-EXCOM for approval through CEO / Management Committee.
- Thirdly, Increase the non – interest income by strengthening/modifying existing products and exploring new product/services lines.
- Furthermore, Build Retail & Business banking asset book and creating related revenue pools by strengthening/ modifying existing products and exploring new product/services lines.
- Moreover, To keep introducing competitive and innovative retail products – liabilities, assets, digital & other wealth management, to maintain/enhance market share.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Enhance market share on CASA / Customer deposits.
- Enhance market share on digital led revenue pools.
- Set up a Daily Operating Rhythm for the Retail Bank Team.
- Crafting & Leading distribution strategy as approved by the Board.
- Run the Sales Management Process for all retail – conventional & digital products.
- Design, review and implement a Performance Management System and Sales Management Plan.
- Responsible for the channel, product, unit profitability.
- Build Retail asset portfolio aligned to bank’s strategy / annual business plans; setting up of Retail Credit sales & management Team in collaboration with Head Credit, an ideal platform to attain business objectives.
- To maintain and be accountable for the asset quality of the Retail loan book.
- Work closely with Marketing team for launch/communications (internal/external) for the success of products & initiatives.
- Leverage Technology as enabler for client experience.
- Launch, monitor and run the Preferred Banking Segment to achieve business objectives.
- Work closely with all other business and support domains to leverage to cross-sell and achieve operational efficiencies.
- Periodic Review of Organizational Structure of the Retail Bank for better alignment and cost management.
- Hire, Groom, Motivate and Empower local talent.
- Oversight of Group Retail banking operations – alignment on policies, practices & leveraging potential.
You May Also Like:
REQUIREMENTS AND KEY SKILLS
- Firstly, At least 10 years’ experience in retail banking, with at least 5 years in similar position.
- Secondly, Master’s degree in Business related studies is an added advantage.
- Thirdly, Good leadership, people management skills.
- Furthermore, Knowledge of relevant legislation, sales, and business principles.
- Moreover, Strong commercial know-how and first-class decision-making abilities.
- Also, Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lastly, Strong business acumen.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, please send your application in full confidence along with your detailed CV latest by 4th December 2018 to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to grow with us.
APPLY TO [email protected]
23 total views, 2 today