Head of Credit Management at a Leading Bank in Tanzania November, 2018
JOB TITLE: Head of Credit Management at a Leading Bank in Tanzania November, 2018
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Management of the Bank Loan Portfolio
DEPARTMENT: Credit Department HOURS OF WORK: 8 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday. Additional hours as required by workload REGION: Dar es Salaam (Corporate Office)
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Firstly, To lead the Credit Management vertical of the bank encompassing Credit Origination, Administration (including legal compliance), Monitoring and NPA management.
- Secondly, To maintain the bank’s leadership position in sourcing quality assets by enabling faster turnaround on credit delivery.
- Thirdly, To sustainably maintain Asset Quality within the norms set by policy/regulations.
- Furthermore, Coordinate the strategy to ensure it reflects the enterprise risk appetite set by the board risk committee.
- Lastly, To lead all implementation and training in order to improve the bank’s Credit Risk Management capabilities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Firstly, Assessing the existing framework of Credit & risk management on a bank-wide basis and report deficiencies and recommend areas for improvement to the Management and implementation thereof.
- Secondly, Ensure proper implementation of the Bank’s Risk policies and procedures.
- Develop, modify and test models for credit risk measurement and management.
- Managing the entire process of Credit Management broadly covering origination, delivery, legal compliance and monitoring of Loan Book.
- Planning, Budgeting & Growth of Loan Book and ensuring the asset quality.
- Regulatory & Statutory Compliances.
- Identify key risks and mitigating factors of potential investments, such as asset types and values, legal and ownership structures, professional reputations, customer bases, or industry segments.
- Manage the entire credit risk management process – identify, measure, monitor and manage these risks effectively.
Work closely on the risk aggregation process.
- Periodically review best practices in the area of Credit Risk management.
- Develop models for measuring Value at Risk (VaR), including default probability, loss given default, and rating migration.
- Computation and allocation of economic capital and risk-adjusted performance measurement.
- Development of internal ratings model’s quantification and management of project related credit risks.
- Identifying, measuring and managing credit risk across a range of on and off-balance sheet asset classes.
- The document, and ensure communication of key risks.
- Gather risk-related data from internal or external resources.
- Produce reports and presentations that outline findings, explain risk positions, and recommend changes.
- Leads a team of credit appraisers to ensure high standard credit quality of the portfolio by using various credit assessment tools.
- Engages in the development, implementation, review, and monitoring of various credit programs and providing training and coaching to continuously upgrade the competency of the team members.
- Review and develop the Bank’s credit approval policies and guidelines as well as participate in ad-hoc projects of investigative or trouble-shooting nature on specific customer portfolio.
- Computational process of the Basel 11 / regulatory framework/s.
REQUIREMENTS AND KEY SKILLS:
- Firstly, University degree in Finance, Accounting or a related discipline, preferably with other related professional qualifications.
- Secondly, Master’s degree in Business related studies is an added advantage.
- Possesses a minimum of 10 years of corporate banking experience in lending or related activities.
- Credit evaluation experience with the complex structuring of Credit lines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-rounded exposure to the entire gamut of Credit Management.
- Good hands on experience on crafting Charters / Policies / Processes / Procedures on Credit Management.
Have flair in providing faster turnaround, enabling quick decision making;
- Prowess in skill/team building – towards succession, for various cadres within Credit, Management.
- Proven track record of prevention of delinquencies and recovery in NPAs, including restructuring.
- Moreover, Has a knack of dealing with complex situations on Credit delivery, follow up and recoveries through compromise settlements etc.
- Furthermore, Reasonable knowledge/exposure on Legal compliances / dealing with a suit filed/decreed cases for logical closure.
- Also, Good understanding of the use of technology – for automation of processes/monitoring and analysis with MIS.
- Lastly, Diligent on regulatory and other compliances, including formulation and adherence to processes and procedures.
You May Also Like:
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, please send your application in full confidence along with your detailed CV latest by 4th December 2018 to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to grow with us.
APPLY TO [email protected]
11 total views, 1 today