MIS Specialist Job Opportunity at Management Sciences for Health
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MIS Specialist Job Opportunity at Management Sciences for Health. Management Sciences for Health (MSH) seeks a HIS/ICT Specialist for the CDC funded Tanzania Technical Support Services project (TSSP) that will provide technical assistance to Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Public Health institutions (PHI) in Tanzania including; the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) and the Zanzibar Integrated HIV, TB and Leprosy Program to lead and manage the HIV response and build sustainable health system.
The HIS/ICT specialist is a core member of the project team who will be closely guided by Chief of Party and the MOHCDGEC ICT Director in her/his day to day work.
Provide Technical Assistance to MOHCDGEC and PHIs to;
- Coordinate HIS and ICT activities to implement the national HIS Investment Framework
- Support building a Master Health Sector client registry linked to the national ID system
- Identify best IT solutions on the market to address GOT needs
- Perform Database Performance Tuning, Database Management, Requirements Analysis, Software Development Fundamentals, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Data Maintenance, and Database Security.
- Provide necessary technical support of interoperability of ICT solutions with the National Data Repository
- Oversee the work of ICT contractors to support the national HIS
- Support the establishment of shared open health information exchange services
- Support the development and implementation of ICT solutions to ensure the Shared Health Record meets the needs of the HIV program
- Enhance reliability and reach of ICT services and the ability of key personnel to access all health information and systems for planning, management, and decision making
- Continuously improve analysis and interpretation of data across the health sector for HIV and other public health priorities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in computer/information sciences, Computer engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing technical assistance to government agencies in developing and strengthening health information and ICT systems in Tanzania
- Good knowledge of Database Management Systems, including Relational Databases
- Demonstrated experience building health worker capacity in the use of ICT solutions, data analysis, interpretation and use for program management
- Knowledge of the Tanzania health systems and structures for the provision of HIV services
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination, presentation, and writing skills
- Willingness and ability to be flexible to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Experience with US government donor projects is a plus
- Fluency in English
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Principal Technical Advisor
19 total views, 1 today