Local Assessment Specialist at Job Opportunity at IBTCI Tanzania 2018
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Title: Local Assessment Specialist
Reports To: Project Director Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Local Assessment Specialist for the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) to advise a team conducting a Risk and Resilience Capacity Assessment in Tanzania. The Risk and Resilience Capacity Assessment (will provide a comprehensive and consolidated risk and resilience assessment for the region of Rukwa in Tanzania, to inform the development of a new USG framework to reduce food insecurity, poverty, and malnutrition in Rukwa. This position is contingent upon award.
Using your monitoring and evaluation and subject matter skills, perform research-related tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
The scope of Work:
- Firstly, Conduct desk research on topics related to food assistance, climate change, gender, humanitarian principles, etc, within the Tanzania context;
- Also, Gathering evaluation documentation from team members;
- Formatting and reviewing reports the team’s evaluations products;
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position does not authorize/ require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI Client.
- This position does not authorize/ require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- While working on an open recruitment with IBTCI, the consultant shall not work on that same recruitment opportunity with any other organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Local Assessment Specialist at Job Opportunity at IBTCI Tanzania 2018
- Bachelor’s degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Economics or a related field;
- 7-10 years working experience in international development programming on poverty reduction, agriculture, nutrition, vulnerability as well as complex risk environment, governance, women’s empowerment, or related fields
- Lastly, Experience working in the area of resilience, agricultural development, nutrition, or other related fields
Minimum Requirements for Local Assessment Specialist at Job Opportunity at IBTCI Tanzania 2018
- Firstly, Master’s degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Economics or a related field.
- Secondly, 7-10 years working experience in international development programming on poverty reduction, agriculture, nutrition, vulnerability and complex risk environment, governance, women’s empowerment, or related fields.
- Thirdly, Internationally recognized specialist and a leading member of the resilience measurement community of practice.
- Fourthly, Tanzanian Citizenship.
- Lastly, Education: Master’s degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Economics or a related field.
Working Environment: Significant field time will be required for data collection, with office time for analysis.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Travel: International travel is a requirement. Ability and willingness to travel throughout Tanzania.
No phone calls, please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
7 total views, 1 today