Job Vacancies in Dar es salaam at Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL)
Decision Support – Spend, Dar es salaam, Tanzania
External Job Description
Job Title: Decision Support – Spend
Reports To: Commercial Finance Manager
Job Context and Purpose:
Serengeti Breweries Ltd (SBL) operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the 2nd largest beer company with a market share of 27%. It is an integrated demand/supply business with 3 operational breweries in Dar and Mwanza, and the third one in Moshi, which is situated in the northern part of the country near the Kenyan border. SBL’s flagship brand is Premium Serengeti lager, which accounts for 50% of SBL sales volumes. The other beer brands are Tusker, Tusker Malt Larger and Pilsner.
This role will interface with all the departmental heads, cross-functional BPM and BSC teams across the Group Companies, CARM leads within the business, external auditors and some suppliers.
• Engage with Managers in business to ensure Decisions are made with a full understanding of the financial implications.
• Assess the Effectiveness of Spend Control in line with CARM requirements
• Provide Financial and commercial input to investment/resource allocation decisions with the departments as required
• Specific areas of responsibility will be A&P and Trade Investment management
• Provide guidance to the business on the best mix on volumes and the impact of investment choices
Spending & Analysis
1. Deliver One plan spending breakdown and tracking throughout the year
2. Track monthly distributor trade spends vs. plan.
3. Track Advertising & Promotions expense vs. plan working closing with Marketing & Sales.
4. Actively work to clear balances reported from the balance sheet reconciliations; confirm balances – Record journal entries in SAP as needed
5. Coordinate/Consolidate submissions of A&P planning and R&O files working with marketing and sales to challenge and build assumptions.
Nafasi za Kazi Tanzania
6. Provide Insights on spending performance across Trade Spend and A&P
7. Track and report on MEE initiatives and work stream progress
8. Work with the new ABSC team to ensure all reporting is delivered to the correct standards and add value to the reports through performance commentary Brand & Portfolio Performance,
9. Providing insights to the marketing teams to drive an effective & efficient business model (Drive TP delivery) through providing continuous analysis of brand performance
10. Support the development of financially robust Marketing Business Plans.
11. Provide financial and commercial input to Investments and Resource allocation decisions.
12. Achieving rich partnering with Sales and Marketing/Innovation teams through engagement and supporting with any financial analysis and information as required
13. Lead with analytics acumen and expertise in order to build, manage, and run next-generation spending analytics, tools, and processes General Finance Team Support
15. Support FLT and other stakeholders with ad hoc analysis
16. Drive a continuous improvement mindset within the team, by actively leading change around process simplification and tool development
17. Drive strict controls and monitoring of spending to ensure full compliance with the SOA and relevant policies around commercial finance
You May Also Like!!
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Proven ability to persuade, influence and build credibility across the functions.
• Ability to work autonomously and engage cross-functionally
• Commercially aware and articulate
• Analytical and logical
• Provide context to enable others to think, decide and act
• Ability to manage projects, prioritize and work to deadlines
• Ability to move between the big picture and detail
• Willingness to make recommendations against popular/current thinking (if appropriate)
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and Financial Modelling skills
• Graduate qualified accountant or MBA. Chartered Accountant qualified (or equivalent)
10 total views, 2 today