Internal Control Officer Job Opportunity at PACT Tanzania
Internal Control OfficerJob Opportunity at PACT Tanzania
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
ReportingTo: Senior Internal Control Officer
As a member of the Pact Tanzania team, the Internal Control Officer conducts an internal review of operations, systems, and procedures for internal controls and compliance with the terms and conditions of the donor requirement.
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in planning and conducting internal control reviews including confirmation programs and compliance testing; ensures all internal control activities are in compliance with guidance provided by the Country Office and Pact’s Director of Risk Improvement
- Prepares written reports of review findings, including specific recommendations for corrective action, where appropriate
- Reviews Country Office operations for internal controls and compliance with terms and conditions of donor requirements (including US Government awards) accounting standards and Pact policy
- Reviews and tests procedures and systems of internal controls at Pact and sub-recipient organizations to ensure they are functioning as planned and in accordance with sound managerial principles
- Conducts internal reviews of Pact operations, including, but not limited to procurement, accounts payable, travel expense reimbursement, cash management, and human resources processes
- Provides guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the organization; works cooperatively with staff at HQ and in the Country Office to explain and improve processes and enhance internal controls and compliance
- Participates in formulating policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and corporate efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
For one to Qualify for this job of Internal Control Officer Job Opportunity at PACT Tanzania, He/she must have the following:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field and Professional Accounting/Auditing Certification required. Higher Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of Audit experience and supervisory experience required
- Experience in financial management of US Government contracts and/or subcontracts a must, preferably USAID.
- CPA/CIA certification
- Fluent English and Swahili
- Experience in federal government or SEC company internal audit
- Knowledge of OMB circulars and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
Skills and Abilities:
The skills that are required for this job of Internal Control Officer Job Opportunity at PACT Tanzania are:
- Behavioral Competencies
- Strong in all areas
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
- Strong understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
- Consistently works within the internal process and procedures
- Project Management
- Strong planning and time management skill
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
You May Also Like:
- Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
- Competence in using common computer applications and internal system
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
11 total views, 1 today