IMMUNIZATION OFFICER – Measles Rubella at WHO December, 2018
Job Title: IMMUNIZATION OFFICER
Under the direct supervision of the WHO IVD Focal Person, and overall supervision of the WHO Representative (WR), the incumbent will provide technical support to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Immunization and Vaccine Development program for planning, management, monitoring and evaluation of Measles rubella supplementary immunization activities. Specifically;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the MoHCDGEC IVD program in developing plans (Macro and Micro) for MR follow up campaign timely.
- Support and ensure development of a comprehensive chronogram for implementation of MR campaign activities.
- Support and ensure coordination and implementation of planned MR campaign activities through established National coordinating or steering committee.
- Ensure the compilation of MR campaign readiness assessment data at all levels, updating dashboard and prepare mitigation plan.
- Support and ensure logistic planning is implemented as per the time schedule (vaccine distribution, data tools and other supplies).
- Support and ensure MR guidelines and microplanning tools and other materials have been developed, printed and distributed timely.
- Support and ensure advocacy, social mobilization and communication materials developed and distributed (e.g. pamphlets, leaflets, t-shirts, caps, banners, posters, cassettes, jingles, radio/TV announcements, etc.).
- Support and ensure guidelines for team selection criteria, training and supervision plans at sub national level have been well elaborated.
- Support and ensure quality implementation of cascade training for MR campaign.
- Support and ensure quality monitoring of pre implementation process, during implementation and after the campaign.
- Support and ensure MR cases based surveillance is intensified in the process of implementing MR campaign.
- Support and ensure routine immunization for MR is intensified in the implementation of MR campaign especially MR second dose.
- Support and ensure AEFI monitoring during SIAs must be an integral part of AEFI surveillance.
- Support and ensure development of comprehensive supervision checklist.
- Support and ensure implementation of Independent monitoring during and after the campaign.
- Support and ensure the compilation of MR campaign report three weeks after the campaign in collaboration with partners.
- Support and ensure planning and preparation of launch at national level has been confirmed before the MR campaign.
- Support and ensure planning and implementation of a coverage survey after MR immunization campaign.
- Collaborate with national and international agencies (UNICEF, CHAI, Red cross, Lions) supporting immunization activities in the country.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the WHO representative.
Educational background and experience:
Essential: University degree in Medicine (MD, MBBS, MBChB), Health sciences and Nursing with post graduate degree in Public health.
Experience: At least 5 years’ experience working in immunization program at national and sub national level and participating in Supplemental Immunization Activities.
Other Skills (e,g. IT): Good knowledge in computer and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Power point) and Epi info, Knowledge of GIS will be an added advantage.
Excellent knowledge of English is required. An additional Swahili language would be an asset.
Time frame: The duration of assignment will be for a maximum of one year. Place of assignment: The officer will be working in the IVD Unit in the FRH cluster at WHO Country Office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Salary: A monthly rate is based on NOC level in accordance with the qualifications and experience.
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Communication in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Building and promoting partnership
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Functional Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure to make decision, to elaborate strategies and organize priorities.
- Ability to coordinate activities and undertake multitasks.
- Strong analytical skills and good judgment.
- Sense of prioritization and attention to detail.
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels and proactively search for information.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to innovate.
- Professional commitment.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner, and to present information.
- Ability to work in stressful context and under tight deadline
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment
The interested candidates should address an application comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates/diplomas/degrees and testimonials to:
The WHO Representative
1 Albert Luthuli Street, Ocean Road
P O Box 9292
Dar es Salaam
Closing date 14th December 2018
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WHO HAS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!!
19 total views, 4 today