Head of Project Management Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank
Job Title: Head of Project Management Job Opportunity at CRDB Bank
CRDB Bank PLc is an African Bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. The Bank seek to recruit a highly competent, profession, and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Head of Project Management Office for the Bank reporting to the Deputy Managing Director – Shared Service. The potential candidate should be able to quickly integrate into the existing leadership team.
Overall Job Purpose
The Head of Project Management will be overall responsible to provide leadership and strategic direction in project, program, portfolio and change management. This role will initially involve reviewing the current project management structure and establishment of revised Project Management Office and subsequent day to day running of the Office.
The selected candidate would define and maintain the organization’s project management framework and translate the organization’s strategy into viable projects, programs, portfolios and change initiatives. On a tactical/ technical context, she/he would oversee successful delivery of projects in line with the agreed scope schedule and cost baselines apart from ensuring full realization of intended benefits.
The HPMO will be responsible for providing information and being the single source of the truth. Information should be relevant and accurate to support effective decision-making and provided to people in a way they can understand.
Delivery support. The HPMO will ensure to make it easy for project teams to do their jobs by reducing bureaucracy, providing training, coaching, monitoring and quality assurance.
The HPMO will also provide the function for managing documentation, project history and organizational knowledge
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Firstly, To define and maintain an organization project management framework and enforce its compliance in all projects.
- Secondly, To centralize and standardize management of projects.
- Thirdly, Develop and communicate vision, business outcomes, governance and success metrics for the PMO,
- Fourthly, To manage dependencies and leverage synergies among projects, programs and portfolios
- Furthermore, To serve as a secretary to the Project Board
- Moreover, To oversee successful delivery of projects in line with the approved scope, schedule and cost baseline.
- Also, To translate the organization’s strategy into viable projects, programs, portfolios and change initiatives.
- To provide top management with regular projects status updates and bring to their attention project risks and issues that warrant their intervention.
- Contribute to the organizational strategy formulation and budget planning process.
- Define the embed a framework for benefits realization to be used to track and monitor realized benefits against planned targets
- Forster active stakeholder engagement through effective stakeholder and communication management
- Define projects/programs/ portfolios, develop project plans and integrate the various project plans into cohesive project management plans.
- Establish project teams, motivate and influence them towards realization of project objectives,
- Develop and maintain a repository of standard project templates to be used on the various project management processes.
- Integrate information from all projects to assess whether the of organization is achieving its strategic objectives.
- Build and maintain the organization’s project management knowledge base
- Lastly, Coach and mentor project managers and other PMO staff to achieve and improve results.
Key Attributes, Skills and Competence
- Thought Leadership and Emotional Intelligence.
- Positive Attitude and strategic Focus.
- Tenacious and Result Oriented with Impeccable Integrity.
- Effective Communication as well as Interpersonal Skills.
- Problem Solving & Decision making.
- Furthermore, Change Management/ Change control.
- Supplier Management and Project Governance.
- Business Analysis as well as Quality Management.
- Benefit Realization as well as Stake Holders Management.
- Moreover, Reporting and Analysis.
- Lastly, Good negotiation and relationship building skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Firstly, Undergraduate Degree with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering of Math) or in Business Administration or and other related field
- Secondly, MBA would be an added advantage.
- Thirdly, A Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience in project/ program/portfolio management
- Also, PMP Certification or any other equivalent certification
- At least 3 years working experience in the financial service industry
- Advanced knowledge of Agile Project management Methodologies
- Lastly, Previous experience in managing a large portfolio of projects in a matrix project environment.
if you meet this profile, please send your application letter and a copy of CV to [email protected]before 14th December 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further details.
8 total views, 2 today