Driver Job Opportunity at UNESCO November, 2018
Service Contract 12 months: Driver Job Opportunity at UNESCO November 2018
Sengerema – United Republic of Tanzania SB-2
Under the overall authority of Head of Office and Representative of UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office and the direct supervision the Administrative and Finance Officer. The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UNESCO personnel and high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Furthermore, The Driver also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. The Driver should look after the official assigned vehicle in a clean and well-functioning manner that reflects positively upon the organization at all times and advise UNESCO/UN personnel and officials of potential or existing adverse conditions and suggest alternative routes or travel time adjustments.
Duties and Responsibilities Summary of Key Functions for Driver Job Opportunity at UNESCO November 2018
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by: Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNESCO Personnel and other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items; Meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Also, Ensures cost-effectiveness in the use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs. Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Furthermore, Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs. Arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Also, Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Perform any other task assigned by the Head of Office in accidents.
Competencies for Driver Job Opportunity at UNESCO November 2018
- Firstly, Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Secondly, Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Thirdly, Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints;
- Fourthly, Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Lastly, Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
Required Qualifications and Experience for Driver Job Opportunity at UNESCO November 2018
- Firstly, Secondary Education.
- Secondly, Valid Driver’s license and valid defensive driving certificate Experience
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Thirdly, UN or international organisation driving experience an added advantage
- Fourthly, Language: Excellent spoken and written English; knowledge of Kiswahili is an advantage.
How to apply for Driver Job Opportunity at UNESCO November 2018
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter together with an updated and detailed Curriculum Vitae via email to [email protected] or hand deliver in sealed envelope marked “Driver” to: The Head and Representative, UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office, Plot 59 Mtwara Street, Oysterbay, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania no later than 25th November 2018.
A WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND PRACTICAL TEST MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment process
14 total views, 3 today