Director of Marine and Ports Operations at Tanzania Ports Authority (Tpa) November, 2018
DIRECTOR OF MARINE AND PORTS OPERATIONS – 1 POST
Employer: Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
Date Published: 2018-11-26
Application Deadline: 2018-12-09
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In-charge of the Directorate of Marine and Port Operations and the Chief Harbour Master;
- To supervise the provision of marine and port operation services;
- To coordinate the planning of implementation and actual execution of projects;
- To be a custodian and be responsible for physical marine assets maintenance, condition monitoring and replacement, including initiating disposal processes;
- To oversee the development and preparation of technical standards and procedures for construction, maintenance and inspection of marine facilities;
- To plan and budget for resources required for development and maintenance of marine facilities;
- To formulate and prepare user requirements and documents necessary for procurement of marine plants, equipment To plan, coordinate, monitor, evaluate and prepare port performance reports on offshore and onshore operations;
- To monitor provision of fire and safety services in ports;
- To provide advice and solutions to remove bottlenecks in the provision of marine services, ports operations as well as fire and safety services;
- To enhance consultation among stakeholders and provide a linkage between TPA, Government Ministries, Private Service Providers and other public service institutions involved in ports sector;
- To inspect ports and marine operations to assess and verify performance;
- To participate in the preparation and implementation of fundamental TPA strategic plans;
- To control and safeguard all resources under the Office of Marine and Port Operations Directorate, including employees, office equipment and finances;
- To perform any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree either in Marine Engineering, Marine Science, Nautical Science, Maritime Transport from any recognized institution with working experience of at least Seven (7) years in related field, of which four (4) years should be in managerial position in large, reputable and international organization as a Harbour Master or a senior level officer with a Certificate of Competence Class 1. Must also be computer literate and Fluent in English and Swahili languages.
REMUNERATION: Salary Scale TPSS 2,.
11 total views, 2 today