COMMUNICATION MANAGER at BRAC December, 2018
Job Title: COMMUNICATION MANAGER
BRAC is one of the world’s largest development organization having extensive development programs globally. BRAC’s vision is a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. We use an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments and a university. We are a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and were ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last three years consecutively by NGO Advisor. We operate in 11 countries across Asia and Africa.
BRAC is looking for a Communication Manager to lead its international operation in Tanzania. In this senior leadership role, the person will be responsible for raising awareness of BRAC Tanzania. The Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that all public relations are taken care off
Job Location: COUNTRY OFFICE- DAR ES SALAAM
- Support BRAC internationals’ transformation strategy with appropriate internal and external communication interventions
- Increase brand equity and support reputation management
- Support BRAC international’s mission and programme priorities
- Develop Country Communications strategy for Tanzania
- Capacity building of Country Focal for Crisis Communication and Brand Building
- Develop internal communications plan and support CR in employee engagement
- Support in developing communications strategy for key programmes
- Other duties may include issuing press releases, arranging interviews, case stories and compiling press kits.
- Collating and analysing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency
- Developing relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage online and offline.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master of art in journalism, mass communication, public relation and marketing or any other related field from the recognized university.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in an International Organization.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media
- Photographic skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must have a good network with local media
How to apply:
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please apply to HRD, BRAC Tanzania Finance Limited, Plot #2329, Block-H, Mbezi Beach, and P.O. Box 105213, Dar es Salaam or through email to [email protected] with a subject “COMMUNICATION MANAGER”. Application deadline is 14.12.2018 (up to 12pm). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer
36 total views, 2 today