COMMUNICATION AND VISITOR COORDINATOR Job Opportunity at The Small Things Organisation
Job Title: COMMUNICATION AND VISITOR COORDINATOR
- ABOUT US:
The Small Things is a dynamic community-based organization operating at the grassroots level in the Meru District of Tanzania. Our actions are predicated on the belief that the best way to help a child, is to support the community in which they live and to this effect, we offer a variety of family preservation and reunification services aimed to empower and strengthen families so that they can reclaim their children from residential care.
We are currently seeking a Communications and Visitor Coordinator to manage our visitor program here in Nkoaranga and act as the face of our organization both on the ground and digitally. The ideal candidate will possess experience building relationships with various stakeholders, and managing visitor or volunteer programs.
Benefits include a stipend of $750/month, health insurance after 3 months probationary period, education stipend of $500, flight stipend of $500, full visa and permit support, office computer for use, furnished accommodation on site, and all work-related travel expenses in the country covered. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to help contribute to a passionate, locally managed NGO with a lot of room to grow.
- Social Impact Tour Growth and Management (40%)
- Assemble and analyze relevant visitor data, and prepare and deliver weekly, monthly, and other reports as requested, detailing all visitor and social impact activities
- Ensure visitor performance targets are met and tracked via the development and implementation of a broad system of departmental performance metrics, reports, and tracking systems
- Manage and continue to develop TST social impact tours full cycle and serve as primary point of contact for all external/internal stakeholders
- Research, identify and send out communications to potential impact partners. Nurture and convert all qualified leads
- Onboard all potential partners and manage communication channels between partners, guests, remote staff and local staff
- Implement creative ways to improve our partner relationships, site tours, and guest experience
- Develop and manage on-site guest accommodation component of site tours with support from Deputy Director
- Assist Development team with post visitor communication and stewardship
- Provide all major donors and visitors personalised tour with a full orientation
Volunteer Coordination (20%)
- Set up logistics for all individual volunteers, visitors and school groups who come to TST, including making budgets and creating itineraries
- Manage all incoming volunteer and intern applications through recommended advertisement channels. Measure channel success and make recommendations on the best use of resources.
- Manage volunteer officer and ensure all volunteer experiences run smoothly
- Source and enable the provision of the daycare programme, and social work interns-recruiting volunteers when necessary and appropriate from abroad
Note: Direct management of volunteers’ day to day work activities will be provided by relevant program staff, and volunteer assistant. You are only responsible for pre-communication and conversion.
Social Media and Marketing (40%)
- Create communication strategy and best practice guidebook for marketing and publicizing impact tours to targeted clientele for best ROI
- Manage all social media channels and optimize TST digital presence and reach, hitting specific targets for engagement and client / sponsor/visitor/ donor conversion
- Assist team with copy editing documents as needed
- Work with volunteer assistant to ensure content is being collected on a daily basis for social media posts
- Support scheduling of speaking engagements, and assist partners in promoting events
- Monitor and log incoming communication and media coverage
- Native English speaker, or equivalent level of written and spoken fluency
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 1-yearxperience in visitor/customer facing role
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with staff, volunteers, and people from diverse backgrounds
- Experience using Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel, SharePoint Designer, and PowerPoint
- Graphic design, photography and experience creating engaging content
- Comfort with public speaking and ability to confidently communicate with groups
- Experience working in a developing country, preferably in East Africa a plus
- Proficiency in Swahili is preferred but a willingness to learn is essential!
- Strong attention to detail
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to exercise diplomacy at all times
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take direction from others, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to the vision and mission of TST
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions and communicates changes effectively
- A collaborative, open team-player who’s able to maintain and support a wide range of stakeholders of various positions and ages
- A flexible, self-motivated go-getter who’s able to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
You May Also Like:
How to apply:
To apply, please send resume, and a cover letter explaining why you would like to work at The Small Things, your earliest start date, and why you feel you are a good fit for this position to [email protected]
Please note, we receive a large volume of applicants and only candidates who we feel best match the criteria above will be contacted.
12 total views, 2 today