Branch Manager at Job Opportunity at Britam
Job Title: Branch Manager at Job Opportunity at Britam
The job holder is responsible for the production of new and renewal of existing business and other lines within the branch catchment. The job holder also takes overall accountability for the branch activities. The role reports to the Country Sales Manager. Apply for Branch Manager at Job Opportunity at Britam
- Co-ordinate and supervise the branch staff and ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Meet the various revenue targets as agreed on from time to time with respect to new business and renewal retention.
- Ensure accurate and competitive quotations are prepared and are in compliance to minimum rates as published by TIRA.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with Brokers, Agents, Direct Sales Representatives, and other channels and ensure excellent customer service to existing customers and prospective clients.
- Identify and develop new distribution outlets.
- Gather marketing intelligence statistics to facilitate the development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage in the branch catchment area.
- Train intermediaries on the general insurance products.
- Oversee underwriting procedures in the branch to ensure sound acceptance of risk.
- Oversee claims procedures at the branch and guide clients and intermediaries appropriately.
- Ensure collection of premium as per credit control policy.
- General management and administration of the branch office
- Deliver on the performance requirements as defined by the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard, and personal scorecard.
- Premium collection
- Sales revenue
- Gross loss ratio
- Percentage of staff achieving targets
Internal Relationships for Branch Manager at Job Opportunity at Britam
- Firstly, Responsible for staff working in this position
- Secondly, Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members in Britam branches
External Relationships for Branch Manager at Job Opportunity at Britam
- Firstly, Britam customers
- Secondly, Insurance sector players (Brokers, Agents, DSR’s, TIRA)
- Thirdly, Bachelor’s Degree in a business related degree.
- Fourthly, At least six years of overall experience in the insurance industry with at least two at the supervisory level.
- Also, Professional qualification in Insurance (Certificate CII).
- Moreover, Knowledge of Insurance regulatory requirements.
- Furthermore, Knowledge of Britam Products.
- Leading as well as Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behavior.
- Also, Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; respond quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Moreover, Adhering to Principles and Values: Uphold’s ethics and values; demonstrate integrity; encourages the team and individual responsibility towards the community as well as the environment.
- Also, Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; make rational judgments from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Lastly, Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
You May Also Like:
Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
12 total views, 2 today