4 Job Opportunities at UZIKWASA - Pangani December 2018
Job Title 1. GENDER OUTREACH OFFICER
In collaboration with the communication team and Pangani FM radio staff, the candidate will coordinate outreach activities including village cinema and theatre shows. S/he will facilitate audience participation and community debates on gender norms and related practices. S/he will be expected to participate in reflective leadership training and learn to apply reflective training approaches in the local context. The aim is to enable community members to embrace social responsibilities as leaders and active citizens.
- Carry out Minna Dada Camps and other outreach activities
- Facilitate Theatre for Development activities and village film shows
- Assist UZIKWASA facilitators of transformative leadership interventions and acquire new skills in the process of facilitative learning.
- Collaborate with other program staff and the MERL team and participate in monitoring activities such as integrated village monitoring and field learning events with UZIKWASA partners.
- Maintain trust and effective partnerships with local stakeholders at village and district level
The applicant has a heart for rural communities and is confident to facilitate others. S/he is keen to work in an environment of shared learning and innovation.
Degree in Community Development or similar qualification and at least two years of experience in community outreach work. Advanced computer skills and excellent writing skills in English and Kiswahili.
Job Title 2. MONITORING, EVALUATION, RESEARCH AND LEARNING (MERL) OFFICER
UZIKWASA’s complex monitoring system integrates process monitoring with continuous impact tracking. It includes a variety of data from case studies and testimonies to gender violence data and media related audience data. Ongoing impact tracking research (community diary study) requires the candidate to
provide regular training to community diarists. S/he will contribute to weekly learning and reflection meetings about implementation progress. The candidate is expected to make significant contributions to the MERL system including development of results frameworks and development of monitoring tools.
- Ensure timely submission of activity reports and review for quality of information and completeness
- Maintain monitoring database updated at any given point of time.
- Provide support to relevant local government structures in record keeping on gender-based violence and violence against children.
- Maintain an updated database of testimonies of change from local stakeholders, partners and members of the team.
- Collect and review community diaries and ensure the quality of data through regular refresher training of diarists
- Ensure that radio monitoring data are documented by radio presenters and shared.
- Adhere to professional ethics with regards to various research activities in collaboration with program and radio team and ensure the development and use of appropriate feedback mechanisms/systems from the community by using the radio
- Write overall quality M&E reports supported by other members of the team.
- Review data collection tools and management systems for continued relevance and develop solutions to share with management and program team where necessary
- Also, Maintain effective partnerships with community members involved in M&E activities as well as collaborators and NGO partners
- Lastly, Maintain familiarity with the organization’s result framework and the tools used to track its technical implementation and substantive progress.
Competence: The candidate is a strong team player, open to provide and receive feedback and facilitate critical and constructive output reviews.
Qualifications and skills:
- Firstly, At least three years of experience with program monitoring
- Secondly, Degree in information management, project planning, and management or similar qualification
- Thirdly, Advanced computer skills and proficiency in windows excel and quantitative data analysis
- Fourthly, Experience in qualitative or quantitative research is of advantage
- Moreover, Excellent writing skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Furthermore, Humility to learn and adapt to a reflective learning organization
- Lastly, Ability to ask for help learning about a complex MERL System
Job Title 3. RADIO JOURNALIST
UZIKWASA’s Pangani FM radio is a strong media tool to reinforce messaging of the integrated gender social change program. Through live broadcasting of community events and through interactive radio programs on key campaign themes the radio provides a platform for communities to engage in a continuous dialogue about pressing social issues. Pangani FM staff are skilled journalists with a unique training combining journalism with reflective facilitation approaches. The candidate is expected to contribute to a creative close-knit media team through producing radio programs that complement the messaging of the overall gender program.
- Firstly, Produce innovate quality radio programs that reflect UZIKWASA communication campaigns messages and meet the needs of the local audience.
- Secondly, Ensure that editorial principles are adhered to for all productions
- Thirdly, Adhere to principles of ethical and balanced reporting
- Fourthly, Be aware of all legal requirements for media in the country and ensure they are adhered to
- Furthermore, Support junior staff and volunteers in their professional development and growth
- Lastly, Ensure that UZIKWASA’s culture of learning and reflection is applied in community interactive radio programs
Competence: strong people and communication skills and willingness to new learning in the field of
Qualifications: Degree in journalism, mass communication or similar qualifications. At least 3 years of experience in radio broadcasting. Advanced computer skills and conversant with radio software such as Adobe Audition 1.5. Excellent writing skills in Kiswahili and English.
Job Title 4. FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The candidate is expected to carry out both, accountant and administrative functions. Under the supervision of the finance manager s/he will carry out the following
- Firstly, Prepare financial documents and purchase orders
- Secondly, Enter financial information into accounts software programs
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Thirdly, Process organization payments
- Fourthly, Assist the finance department with preparation of budgets, records, and statements
- Moreover, Post daily receipts
- Also, Maintain Cash Books
- Furthermore, Manage petty cash and carry out cash payments
- Carry out administrative activities
- Lastly, Initiate and implement procurement in accordance with organizational policy
Competence: As a member of a creative and innovative team the candidate is a good communicator, keen to work in an environment of shared learning and innovation and participate in team building
activities beyond his/her accounts responsibilities.
Degree in Business Administration and similar qualifications, at least two years of experience in accounting. Advanced computer skills and good English writing skills.
Send your application including C.V, two letters of reference, and a statement of not more than one page about your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position;
UZIKWASA is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: December 7, 2018.
18 total views, 1 today