4 Job Opportunities at People’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) November 2018
4 Job Opportunities at People’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) November 2018. The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) was established in June 30, 1966, under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree. The primary function was to carry on the business of commercial banking activities in all of its branches and Departments within Tanzania. Apply for these
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic banking services in its branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with a power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related commercial banking services.
POST: BANK OFFICER
DUTY STATION: Mtwara Branches (Conventional/Islamic) – 4 Posts
Successful candidates will be responsible to achieve branch targets on all parameters and provide first class Banking service in all areas of the bank’s business in order to enhance profitable operations of the branch
Minimum Qualifications, Experience, and Competency: for 4 Job Opportunities at People’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) November 2018
- Firstly, Degree in Banking, Islamic Banking, Commerce, Economics, Social Works, Marketing, Business Administration, Business Information Technology, Accounting or equivalent qualifications.
- Secondly, Professional qualifications such as CPA, CPB, and equivalent shall be added advantage
- Furthermore, computer literacy and applications in windows, as well as other packages, shall be considered.
- Moreover, Some experience at bank branch operations would be desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in Islamic banking will be an added advantage.
- Interpersonal skills to create as well as maintain relevant business networks
- Smart and presentable individual
- Knowledge as well as effective application of PBZ policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines to consistently achieve the required compliance standards
- Strong communication (writing and presentation) in English and Kiswahili
- Also, Able to work independently and efficiently
- Lastly, Age limit of forty (40) years as at 31 st December 2018
Main Duties and Responsibilities for the 4 Job Opportunities at People’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) November 2018
- Attend to customers’ queries courteously and promptly
- Authenticate the genuineness of customers before making payments.
- Receive cash and verify the amount and genuineness of notes received in the presence of the customer before posting.
- Balance cash account after day’s work.
- Pay cash to the right customers within the authorized limit.
- Perform teller’s duties with speed and accuracy.
- Surrender cash in hand to the custodians after the closure of the business.
- Prompt filing of documents for reference
- Call day’s work in order to authenticate previous work transactions.
- Authenticate the genuineness of instruments presented before making payments.
- Ensure all payments are made in accordance with the Bank’s financial regulations.
- Verify customer signatures and check photo identification when handling withdrawals to ensure that they are valid and there is no breach of security.
- Ensure that the balance of money in the drawer is accurate and accounted for.
- Provide information to clients on banking services in order to promote customer services.
- Make sure that source documents used by customers on daily operations are available before start of day.
- Perform teller duties with speed and accuracy.
- Carry out any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Three (3) years contract (Renewable)
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate together with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION FOR THE 4 Job Opportunities at People’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) November 2018
Applications from interested candidates must include the following:
- Firstly, An application letter signed by the applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for, and duty station
- Secondly, Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees
- Thirdly, Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances
- Fourthly, Photocopy of Zanzibar ID and letter from Sheha where the applicant is leaving for applicants of Zanzibar Posts
- Moreover, Photocopy of National (Tanzania) ID for Mtwara Posts, and Letter from Local Government of his residential area.
- Also, Two recent passport size photograph
- Lastly, Testimonial letter from the previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
All applications should be received not later than 10th December 2018. Apply for these 4 Job Opportunities at People’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) November 2018
42 total views, 4 today