The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education, health and protection services.
We are currently recruiting a number of positions. If you have excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the following positions:
Job Title: WAREHOUSE OFFICER
Location: Kibondo, Kigoma Region
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Number of Positions: One (1)
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures (SOPs).
- Responsible for management and security of the IRC Kibondo general store.
- Responsible for technical and collaboration with stores Focal staff in Mtendeli and Nduta Camps.
- Ensures that all items are stored appropriately, maintain the stores in accordance to the standard and in good order.
- Informs the on supplies which are near to expire as per IRC store guidelines.
- Provides Weekly and Quarterly store report (inventory) and submit to Snr Supply Chain Officer.
- Train warehouse staff as required on all stores procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise the Snr Supply Chain Officer of potential inventory shortages for the replacement
- Follow up with Snr Supply Chain Officer on donation in kind materials which are being delivered directly to the Camp with donors and provide report of the same on monthly basis.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment in Kibondo, Nduta and Mtendeli.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct block stacking and turnover (FIFO) and LIFO methods procedures.
- Advise the Snr Supply Chain Officer of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities. (i.e. Warehouse Register)
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce weekly and monthly reports.
- Ensure that Loan form of assets are filed and signed under custody of IRC and have proper, readable and easily identifiable stickers.
- Ensure inventory counts are happening in accordance with schedule outlines in the inventory management SOP, that is regular count, cycle count, grant end count and year end count
- Responsible for physical inspection, receiving and documentation of all incoming stock
- Keeps accurate and up to date records of all items released from the stores
- Keeps stock cards up to date, and provides information on stock situation as requested
- Assists the Snr Supply Chain Officer in ensuring adequate stock balances.
- Always make sure you clean the stores, keep the items cleaned and in good order.
- Reports immediately any security incidence involving any IRC stores.
Tanzanian candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
If you have excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the position of a Warehouse Officer
Send your application to Tzfirstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com