Job Title: STORES ASSISTANT
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education, health and protection services.
We are currently recruiting a number of positions. If you have excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the following positions:
Position: Stores Assistant
Location: Nyarugusu camp – Kasulu, Kigoma Region
Reports to: Supply Chain Manager
Number of Positions: One (1)
- Ensure that the store is well maintained, clean both inside and out and that goods are well arranged and safely stored, for easy access and use.
- Receive goods on behalf of IRC Kasulu, from authorized donor/ sources / suppliers, check all accompanying documentation.
- Issue goods after being approved by sector’s manager and following proper stores regulations – first in, first out, and goods with near expiry date to be issued next.
- Make sure that an items are being arranged properly and those items are being recorded on Ledger book, stock cards and bin cards.
- Prepare weekly reports for all stores and compile them for the monthly report. Also prepare counter cycle count every after two months and submit to warehouse officer.
- Check and make sure that items received meet required standards; Packaging, Expiry date and part/serial/model numbers, etc
- Keep the management well informed about the minimum stock balances in relation to consumption rate. Advise relevant sections to re-order stock.
- Assist program staffs to follow up PR which are pending from procurement and give them feedback on the status.
- Inform program sector leads on deliveries of items in the store for distribution preparation.
- Conduct regular physical stock counts and produce a monthly stock inventory report.
- Make sure all the store books are well kept in a secure way (Ledger book, release, waybill books and Delivery Books).
- Deliver and collect goods from the suppliers and /or other NGOs in Kasulu as may be directed by the Warehouse officer and or Supply Chain Manager.
Tanzanian candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
If you have excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for the position of a Stores Assistant
Send your application to Tzfirstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com