Job Title: SALES SPECIALIST
Location:Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Business unit:EP Marketing and Sales
You as a Sales Specialist you will be part of the Electrification Products Division and Marketing and Sales s Business Units (BU) based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. ABB is the world leader in offering the Electrification Products and Systems that provide Building Products, Electrification Solutions, Installation Products, Protection and connection and Medium Voltage Products.
As a Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for sales of products or systems or services within a designated market in accordance with strategy and build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues. Identify and develop sales opportunities. You will also be responsible to plan and implement proactive promotional activities for the assigned target audience (consultants, design institutes, engineering or architect offices, authorities etc.) in order to create the market demand and need for the features or products and build long term customer relationships and identify and develop sales opportunities by introducing, presenting and educating
Your tasks as a Sales Specialist will include the following:
- Volume & Profit: Sell products or systems or services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units or Product Groups.
- Customer Relations: Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product or systems or services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Create a visions of a loyal, committed and long term customer relationship and implements the necessary action plan and steps to reach the vision.
- Sales Plans: Prepare sales plans using company tools. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Create added value for the customer and ABB and ensures the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicate details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions)
- Marketing: Ensure efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers
- New Market Opportunities: Identify and drive the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration
- Target: Implement proactive promotional activities for the customer target group, including e.g. technical presentations, demonstrations, seminars and education material.
- Plans: Prepare plans for visits and performs regular status reviews, including the analysis and output of the target audience visits
- Training: Manage and drive education of the target audience by conducting and organizing appropriate training intervention
- Administration: Manage administrative procedures in sales processes and supports collection and project management activities when needed
- Offer preparation: Prepare offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the marketing manager. Ensure appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Electrical Engineering degree or Postgraduate education in engineering will be valued.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years’ of experience in sales or marketing role. Experience in African Countries will be advantage.
- Young and motivated with a strong focus on Customer Relationship and Result Orientation.
- Independent, self-starter, ability to take ownership of multiple tasks and liaise with individuals in various areas and across the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to be able to influence decision makers at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Undoubted integrity, honesty and high ethical and professional values.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with Arab and/or African Nationals (based on the location).
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English is a must. French speaking is preferably (or must as well that is based on the location).