Program: Modelling Inclusive Pre-primary Education (MIPE)
Reporting to: Programme Manager
Position: Programme Officer – Lobbying and Advocacy
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Dar es Salaam C
Contract duration: 2 years
Application Deadline:16th January 2019
ADD International is a UK based disability rights organisation. We work for independence,
equality and opportunity for disabled people living in poverty in Africa and Asia, by supporting
disability activists to bring about social change. ADD International in Tanzania works in
partnership with the Tanzania Federation of Disabled People’s Organizations (SHIVYAWATA),
national disabled people’s organisations (DPOs), and with regional SHIVYAWATA branches in
six regions, namely Mwanza, Shinyanga, Tabora, Coast, Lindi and Mtwara.
Modeling Inclusive Preprimary Education
This project aims to provide an opportunity for young children with disabilities to access
inclusive and appropriate pre-primary education across four district councils of Kibaha TC,
Kibaha DC, Mkuranga and Kisarawe in Pwani Region, Tanzania. The project will be
implemented in collaboration with SHIVYAWATA.
ADD Tanzania is seeking to recruit a qualified Lobbying and Advocacy Officer responsible for
taking a lead in advocacy and lobbying component of the Modelling Inclusive Pre-primary
Education (MIPE) programme and participate in programme processes, system, and policy
and/or strategy development. Broadly, the job focuses on overseeing the implementation of
advocacy strategy of both the MIPE programme and ADD International
Key Duties and responsibilities
In consultation with and guidance from the Programme, Programme Officer Lobbying and
Advocacy will perform the following:
- Actively lead, organise and oversee the delivery of lobbying and advocacy strategies of MIPE programme
- Support the popularisation and operationalisation of the ADD advocacy work on inclusive education and disability movement in general at ward, district and national level
- Brainstorm with team members at all stages of plan formulation of lobbying and advocacy activities to ensure proper initiative used for its implementation;
- Develop advocacy messages and link with inclusive advocacy work across inclusive education all in all learning group within education sectors
- Facilitate and support the establishment of the advocacy teams and forums/clubs at district, ward and school level;
- Write, publish and disseminate advocacy briefs; developing policy work and activities;
- Representation in coordination meetings at provincial level and build external relationships through personal contacts
- Coordinate and organise advocacy platforms such as media, social media, social media, round tables, advocacy dialogues and trainings
- Prepare and produce clear and quality reports (narrative) that demonstrates accountability;
- Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned by the line Manager.
- Representation, networking, coordinating, advocacy and learning:
- Engage with stakeholders, decision makers, Ministries and district authorities that promote inclusive education, to effectively advocate for rights of learner with disabilities
- Identify and advice on specific lobbying and advocacy opportunities for cross-programme learning, within the country programme, the region and beyond, and work with other officers to promote other learning and linkages relevant for quality delivery
- Building and fostering local alliances and networks that enhances sharing, learning and collaboration
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in data collection and impact stories as a way of generating an evidence-based and MIE delivery
- Support the evaluation process of the MIE project activities (mid-term and final) and during baseline
- Work with the M&E Coordinator to monitor and share findings with schools, community and other key stakeholders.
- ASSISTANT LECTURER – 3 POSTS at Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences (MUHAS) January, 2019
Management of Finance
Develop and submit activity budgets for MIPE project implementation in the area of lobbying and advocacy
Compile and review working budgets
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a university degree in communication, social science, behavioural change communication, strategic communication, journalism, public relations, or related field.
- Experience in Advocacy work with marginalised and vulnerable groups.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and Swahili
- At least 3 years’ experience in lobbying and advocacy or related field of work
- Experience in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring lobbying and advocacy strategies
- Background experience in Advocacy work with marginalised and vulnerable groups.
Interested candidates should send their application (consisting of Covering letter, CV) to; the
following physical address (Hand delivery)
The Country Director
ADD International, Tanzania (Action on Disability and Development)
Mikocheni Warioba; Plot 442, House # 59; Daima Street
OR submit through post office; P.O Box 33659, Dar es Salaam.
Closing date for receiving applications is 16 January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. People with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com