Position: HR/ADMIN ASSISTANT
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
In mid-April 2016, NRC conducted a pre-assessment mission in the refugee camps in north western Tanzania and the assessment revealed that the humanitarian situation for the refugees requires urgent intervention and NRC therefore decided to establish an operational office in Kibondo town, to respond in Mtendeli and/or Nduta refugee camps. The initial interventions will focus in three sectors; shelter, WASH and education (initially construction of permanent classrooms).
To apply for this position please follow the link at the end of this advert
Email and paper applications will not be considered.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships. The purpose of the HR/Admin Assistant is to provide support to staffs in both administration and Human Resource functions at the office
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support functions in Human Resource & Administration as may be required
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper record keeping and filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of support function
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintain up to date files for all staffs, both contracted nationals and incentives
- Provides payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Ensure correct recording of days worked to be used in processing of payroll.
- Follow up on preparation of work timesheets and ensure their signed by the relevant managers
- Provide and support provision of timely response to staff queries regarding benefits
- Keep record and assist in issuing staffs with work related essentials including airtime and Staff Identification Cards. Make a follow up of payment on utility bills-water electricity, rent and security in NRC Compounds in both in the camps and at the guesthouses
- Follow up on office maintenance and repair needs in Nyarugusu, Makere and Kibondo offices.
- Submits employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analyzing data.
- Maintains employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Cooperate with cleaners and Cook to ensure office and apartments compound are clean, and follow up on timely food delivery with quality hygiene and clean kitchen compound.
Experience from working as a HR/ADMIN in a humanitarian/recovery context
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Good level written and spoken English
Understand of camp context
Experience with capacity building of staff and training
Administration / Organisation / Management
Education title: Human Resource
College / University, Bachelor’s degree
Managing performance and development
Handling insecure environment
Planning and delivering results
Empowering and building trust
Communicating with impact and respect
Duty station: Nyarugusu
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nyarugusu Camp.
Deadline for application: 08/01/2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org