Job Title: HEAD-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 2018-12-26
Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
To provide operational IT leadership for the Information Technology Department and be accountable for directing, planning, organising and controlling all IT functions. In addition, the role is responsible for the delivery of a broad range of IT services and sponsors process/system improvements aimed at the efficient and effective provision of IT services. Sits on the Country Executive Committee and also represents the Bank on external forums as directed by the Executive Committee
- Responsible for management of IT for the Country Line of Business Area / Function
- Define and implement Country IT Strategy aligned to Country and Group Strategy
- Effective IT management including keeping the IT stack relevant
- Build and partner with Group IT to deliver sustainable solutions
- Ensure the maintenance and optimisation of all hardware/software and peripherals
- Partner with Business to ensure successful delivery of IT Solutions including viable solutions that align to the Business and Client strategy
- Deliver a stable and cost effective service across the entire application architecture
- Maximum system availability with minimal network outages as per SLAs
- Achieve optimal Mean Time to Repair on all system Incidents
- Attainment of satisfactory audits (internal and external)
- High availability of Disaster Recovery Sites and successful testing of DRPs
- Disaster Recovery Plans to be tested at least twice a year
- Effective change control and fault reporting/management
- Cost containment as per agreed budgets for both Capital and Operational expenditure
- Service delivery and Help Desk management
- Compliance to all IT security policies and procedures
- Provide the Country Executive team with advice on medium and long term operational development of information systems and technology Strategy for the country Line of Business/ Function.
- Implement short- and long-range country goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Implement IT technology, application, data, integration and business process strategy aligned with Group/Centre business goals
- Promote use of shared capabilities, infrastructure and applications to promote scalability, reduce costs and improve information flows for the Country.
- Provide input, as required, on large-scale projects and road maps for compatibility with the vision
- Manage IT Risk
Manage external suppliers
- Identify opportunities to outsource, where it makes business and commercial sense to do so and consult with authorised parties (e.g. vendor management), in need, to implement necessary arrangements and agreements
- Build and manage long term, sustainable relationships with vendors and managed services to realise IT objectives, in conjunction with shared services and procurement where required.
- In consultation with procurement/vendor management negotiate, approve contracts or agreements with external parties, within authorised mandate.
Overall responsible for effective Project Management and Delivery capabilities.
- Take ownership of program development, planning and execution.
- Develop and control program budget.
- Manage timely completion of program deliverables.
- Ensure quality (fit for purpose) and accuracy of program work outcomes.
- Manage program risk.
- Provide quick resolution for problems and roadblocks.
- Accountable for the delivery of all IT projects for the business units and ensure timely cost effective delivery is achieved
- Monitor business requirements through high level and details designed, implementation and roll-out into production
- Accountable for the end to end delivery of IT services to the business units and is the leading authority to drive the efficiency and effectives of such project.
- Demonstrate ability to articulate the major issues surrounding the IT industry
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Prepare annual Country IT objectives and budgets to facilitate the implementation, management and operations of all information technology functions.
- Drive initiatives around benefits realisation related to the overall technology landscape.
- Formulate and gain acceptance for Country annual revenue and capital budgets
- Monitor budgets against expenditure and mange IT costs in line with country parameters
- Manage the overall budget and ensure compliance in line with the Country Long Term Financial Strategy
- Ensure necessary transparency and controls are in place regarding expenditure
- Set the strategy for Country resource management to respond to business priorities cost effectively.
- Authorise at Functional level the allocation of resources for the planning, development and delivery, as appropriate, of services and products.