Job Title: DIRECTOR, LEGAL SERVICES AND SECRETARY TO THE BOARD
TIB Development Bank Limited is Development Finance Institutions (DFI) wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania. The bank has been established and exists under the Companies Act, 2002. The main focus of TIB Development Bank as a premier national DFI is on national projects that aim at the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, services sectors, as well as oil and gas sectors. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites suitable, qualified and skilled applicants to fill the following available senior positions:-
DIRECTOR, LEGAL SERVICES AND SECRETARY TO THE BOARD
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director. She/he will be responsible for advising the Board of Directors, Managing Director and Management on all legal issues affecting the bank’s operations.
- Co-ordinate matters pertaining to the administration of the Board’s affairs, Board appointments, meetings and all related issues as required by law.
- Provide expert, written or oral, legal opinion to the Managing Director, various committees,
Board of Directors and the Departments.
- Prepare, execute and register all contracts and legal documents.
- Act as a solicitor, prepare documents for civil suits/litigation, advice on the retention of lawyers or conduct court cases for the bank.
- Check all legal issues pertaining to loan applications before, during and after approval to ensure the bank’s interests are safeguarded.
- Co-manage receiverships with the bank’s appointed Receivers/Managers in all receiverships.
- Liaise with Companies Registrar and file annual returns accordingly.
- Prepare plans and budgets for the Directorate.
- Review work performance of staff in the Directorate including their development, deployment, appraisal, training and welfare in line with the bank’s policies and objectives.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience Essential
- Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Law and any Master’s Degree/Post Graduate qualifications from a recognized University/lnstitution.
- Should be registered as an Advocate in accordance with the laws of Tanzania.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience, of which five (5) must be in a senior position in related function at a reputable institution.
- Should have knowledge in commercial/banking law and practice.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare legal documents in a concise and focused style.
- Highest degree of integrity, excellent and well developed leadership, people management and organizational skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Understanding of banking and financial laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated litigation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to interpret and integrate laws, regulations and other statutes into banking/ business policies and procedures.
- Ability to review materials at short notice and provide advice on legal implications and appropriate measures to take.
- Familiarity with the Tanzanian Labour Law, Corporate Law, registration processes and procedures, as well as strong capability of undertaking due diligence.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Mode of Application
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
- An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements.
- Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
- Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
- Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 18th January 2019
TIB Development Bank
Mlimani City Office Park,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com