Job Title: DEPUTY EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
ANSAF is an acronym for Agricultural Non State Actors Forum. It was formed in 2006 by members from the private and civil society organizations working in the agricultural sector in Tanzania. The impetus for the formation of ANSAF was demand driven. The forum’s objectives are first; is to advocate for a pro-poor and conducive agriculture policy environment where Civil Society Organizations and the private sector effectively engage with and influence agriculture sector policies and practices. Secondly; to effectively analyze the existing agriculture policies and suggest alternative views/directions. The third main objective is to provide a platform for learning, sharing, networking and coalition building around best practices and key issues in the agriculture sector.
Reports to : Executive Director
Job Location : Dar-es-Salaam
Job Purpose : To provide strategic leadership and managerial oversight of administrative, programmatic, technical, and operational aspects of the Strategic Plan
Employment Category : Fixed Term –renewal
Employment Type : Full-time
The position requires work of a conceptual, analytical and advisory nature at the higher professional level related to strategic vision for the organization, development policy programing, partnership mobilization, branding and research work that require substantive innovation and may involve some functions that are supervisory in nature to oversee program activities; leads and manages the teams to achieve intended impact.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Strategic Leadership: Provides strategic direction of program activities. Develops and monitors the strategic plan to ensure alignment with programmatic and organizational directions and priorities.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning: Leads and directs monitoring, evaluation and learning strategies, frameworks, plans and indicators to capture project performance and results.
- Collaborate with staff to evaluate all programs and activity performance and maintain competency in all organization policies.
- Prepare program goals and objectives and evaluate progress and effectiveness of all staff and provide support to all its members to achieve project deliverables within required timeframe and prepare work plans and grant deliverables as per requirement
- Liaise with Line managers to develop and timely present financial, technical, and operations reports and updates on the project progress and challenges. Documents project achievements for communications materials such as the annual reports, brochures, and website updates.
- Financial and Administrative Operations: Collaborates with Line Managers to establish and maintain the ongoing administrative and financial operations to ensure compliance with ANSAF policy and contract provisions.
- Brand Ambassador: Cultivates and strengthens positive, productive relationships with government, donors, regulatory agencies, partners to ensure that ANSAF is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner in meeting and achieving project targets.
- Participate in various national & international dialogue platform
- Administer everyday functions for organization and coordinate with Executive Director to prepare all long-term strategies to achieve all goals and evaluate performance of various fundraising programs.
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
Required Education, and Experience
- Master’s degree in development economics, policy analysis and or agricultural related fields
- 10+ distinguished years in an executive position in a business and or nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agencies donor funded program
- Knowledge and experience on program planning, fund raising and related management practices as well as familiarity with administrative procedures, budgetary and procurement matters.
- Experience in creating strategies for local, National, regional and global issues.
- Report production, analysis and articulation
- Ability to articulate clear and concise thoughts.
- A strong track record of positioning organization to achieve tangible outcomes in national issues.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in Kiswahili and English.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: Advanced skills in strategic visioning and leadership in institutional capacity building and developing.
- Proposal Development: Mastery of skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization and budget management.
- Research Methods: Advanced knowledge and ability to apply quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Data Collection Methods: Advanced knowledge in data integrity
- Leadership and Management: Proven ability to lead, manage, and develop others within a matrix culture.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Advanced skills in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development and intervention activities to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities in the agriculture sector
- Management of Strategic Relations: Advanced skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others, including donor agencies and local partners, through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to make presentations on results to small and large groups.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to work with people from different cultures, ability thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit their applications with the following
1. Application letter explaining why you think you qualify for this post
2. Current CV, indicating relevant experience based on previous tasks; and skills that you are bringing into the organization
3. Please do not attach any copies of certificates
All applications should be submitted through Brighter Monday
Note: Deadline for submission is 28th December 2018