Job Title: CONSULTANT
Other Dar es Salaam District Dar Es Salaam
Salary Currency: Tanzanian Shilling
SHOPS Plus is USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. The primary goal of the project is to improve health outcomes and contribute to the achievement of major global efforts, especially Ending Preventable Child and Maternal Deaths, AIDS-free Generation, and FP2020. SHOPS Plus Tanzania aims to increase the use of priority health services for family planning (FP), HIV, and malaria by strengthening the capacity of the private sector to provide quality health products and services, improving the enabling environment for private sector provision of health products and services, and improving ownership of total market approaches within Tanzanian institutions.
SHOPS Plus Tanzania is currently seeking a qualified consultant to help document the current status of HIV/AIDS services covered under public and private health insurance schemes in Tanzania, and how these schemes engage, or could engage private providers. The consultant will work closely with the SHOPS Plus field team in Dar es Salaam and the home office in Rockville, Maryland (USA).
The consultant will assist in the following duties:
- Input to develop interview guides
- Identify and interview selected private insurance company experts to clarify the type and extent of HIV/AIDS benefits (e.g., services, commodities, diagnostics, treatment for opportunistic infections) included within leading health insurance products and document progress and plans for inclusion of additional benefits for HIV/AIDS services
- Support interviews with private providers about participation in health insurance schemes
- Support development of follow-on advocacy materials and/or provision of technical assistance that enables greater participation by private providers in health insurance schemes that cover (or are intend to cover) HIV/AIDs services.
Deliverables for this consultancy include:
- Completed key informant interviews with private insurance company experts and private providers and produce interview summaries, including key findings
- Document coverage of HIV services and engagement of private providers by health insurance schemes
- Outline of report providing draft summary of insights and recommendations on coverage of HIV services in health insurance and access to private providers
- Routine email, telephone or in-person progress updates, or as requested
- Understands public and private health insurance landscape in Tanzania
- Experience in collaborating with health insurance stakeholders in Tanzania; expertise in product design, sales, pricing, other aspects of health insurance preferred
- Experience in conducting key informant interviews or other qualitative research a plus
- Strong organizational and writing skills; can organize and summarize information for different audiences
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili
Please send your applications to: SHOPSPlus_Tanzania@abtassoc.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org