Job Title: BRANCH MANAGER – (18000055)
Job Purpose and Key responsibilities
The job holder is responsible for production of new and renewal of existing business and other lines within the branch catchment. The job holder also takes overall accountability for the branch activities. The role reports to the Country Sales Manager.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the branch staff and ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Meet the various revenue targets as agreed on from time to time with respect to new business and renewal retention.
- Ensure accurate and competitive quotations are prepared and are in compliance to minimum rates as published by TIRA.
- Develop and maintain excellent relations with Brokers, Agents, Direct Sales Representatives and other channels and ensure excellent customer service to existing customers and prospective clients.
- Identify and develop new distribution outlets.
- Gather marketing intelligence statistics to facilitate development of strategies to give the company a competitive advantage in the branch catchment area.
- Train intermediaries on the general insurance products.
- Oversee underwriting procedures in the branch to ensure sound acceptance of risk.
- Oversee claims procedures at the branch and guide clients and intermediaries appropriately.
- Ensure collection of premium as per credit control policy.
- General management and administration of the branch office
- Deliver on the performance requirements as defined by the departments’ strategy map, balanced scorecard and personal scorecard.
- Responsible for staff working under this position
- Required to liaise and work closely with the other staff members in Britam branches
- External Relationships:
- Britam customers
- Insurance sector players (Brokers, Agents, DSR’s, TIRA)
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related degree.
- At least six years overall experience in the insurance industry with at least two at supervisory level.
- Professional qualification in Insurance (Certificate CII).
- Knowledge of Insurance regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of Britam Products.
- Leading and Supervising: Provides team with a clear direction based on the overall strategy and objectives of the department; motivates and empowers others with a clear sense of purpose; creates a positive climate that fosters learning and development; acknowledge high potential talent within the team; sets and articulates the vision and values through own personal behaviour.
- Persuading and Influencing: Gains clear agreement and commitment from other; promotes the departmental strategy and objectives during team conversations; promotes ideas on behalf of the team and or department; makes a strong personal impact on others; takes care to manage the team’s impression and brand on others.
- Presenting and Communicating Information: Speaks fluently; expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly; responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback; projects credibility.
- Adhering to Principles and Values: Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; encourages team and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Planning and Organising: Sets clearly defined team objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors team performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves projects goals.
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Mwanza-Mwanza
Organization: International Insurance Business
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Day Job
Contract Type: Full-time
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting: 19-11-2018
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Number of Openings: 1