Job Title: BAR AND RESTAURANT MANAGER
1. Scope of Responsibilities:
The Bar and Restaurant Manager has the overall management responsibility of the facility. The Manager will ensure the bar and restaurant is profitably and professionally run in all material respects.
- The Restaurant Manager is expected to perform the following duties with minimum supervision:
- To develop and execute the Bar & Restaurant’s Standard Operational Procedures and ensure that they are adhered to by all members of staff at all times.
- To develop a service standard manual to assist staff in the performance of their duties and quality improvement.
- To promote the usage of the Marquee so as to improve sales.
- To ensure client needs and expectations are met by providing efficient and professional services.
- To conduct staff induction and periodical refresher trainings, setting their individual targets, issuing them with Job Descriptions as well as appraising their performance.
- To conduct daily staff briefings, monthly staff meetings, quarterly, bi-annually and annual performance reviews to keep employees informed of policies and procedures, special events, functions, improvement plans, guest comments and general performance of the restaurant etc.
- To develop the restaurant Menu or variety of Menus and to do food costing in close liaison with the Chef and Management.
- To put in place revenue, stores, kitchen and bar control procedures in order to curb waste, theft and fraud.
- To ensure all cash payments are received, recorded and TRA receipt is given to the customer.
- To produce daily, weekly and monthly reports covering restaurant and bar sales, purchases, consumption, stocks, staff matters, guest feedback etc.
- To ensure books of accounts are timely and correctly prepared.
- To ensure tax information is prepared timely and more importantly to ensure taxes are paid on time and tax returns are filed with the relevant authorities.
- To ensure the Kitchen, Bar and the Restaurant are kept to a highest level of cleanness and staff adhere to hygiene requirements.
- To ensure all work is carried out in compliance with health and safety regulations.
- To deal with the various suppliers to achieve best food and beverage quality, pricing/ value for money.
- To organize events, parties and outside catering services for corporate clients and/or individuals.
- To ensure that all company assets are safeguarded against any possible loss by instituting proper controls.
- To ensure bank reconciliations and related entries are done and prepared on monthly basis.
- To handle and report staff disciplinary matters to management.
- To see to it that the Marquee, Bar & Restaurant is marketed effectively through social media and other means with the view of growing its customer portfolio, to organize activities that will result into more sales, client’s satisfaction etc.
- To perform any other duties as shall be assigned by the Managing Director from time to time.
2. Performance Areas:
A. Job Effectiveness (Competence)
- Knowledge: Demonstrates job knowledge, demonstrates ability to use tools, equipment and resources most useful to the position such as computers and accounting software.
- Organization: Plans and organizes work, demonstrates leadership and professionalism, makes effective decisions, effective problem solving/demonstrates good judgment, handles multiple tasks simultaneously. Team player and motivator of subordinates.
3. Performance Measurement Criteria:
- Business development and growth in terms of clientele acquisition and retention, revenue, cost management and profitability.
- Positive customer feedback.
- Timely submission of accurate periodic reports
- Achievement of agreed results/targets, takes responsibility, and communicates adequately and effectively.
- dependability and good attendance
- Effective controls and effective management of resources
Reports to the Managing Director
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Qualified Candidates should CLICK HERE TO APPLY