The Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an affiliate of Elizabeth
Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government Entities through the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent people to fill various positions as per the AGPAHI organogram.
Job Title: PROGRAM OFFICER, LABORATORY SERVICES (1)
Report to: REGIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Purpose of post:
The purpose of this position is to strengthen the implementation and management of overall laboratory quality assurance activities and training as needed for the AGPAHI supported sites. Program Officer Laboratory Services, will provide direct technical assistance to laboratory sites and/or serve a coordinating role in ensuring that the appropriate resources are recruited in order to assist sites in maintaining the highest level of quality systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring good quality clinical laboratory services in AGPAHI supported sites
- Conduct Laboratory specific supportive supervision and Laboratory Mentorship
- Conduct ongoing assessments of Laboratory Quality Systems within the AGPAHI supported labs; identify areas for quality improvement and provide advice and technical assistance.
- Ensure that SOPs, laboratory manuals, guidelines, worksheets and forms are appropriately utilized at all sites and assist in the modification of these forms whenever appropriate.
- Ensure that 12 elements of quality system management are implemented at all laboratories in AGPAHI supported sites.
- Prepare and facilitate trainings for laboratory staff and other stakeholders, to ensure good quality lab services.
- Liaise with the AGPAHI Technical team in Shinyanga and HQ, to provide strategic technical guidance on laboratory activities in field and strategies for improvement.
- Assisting EID activities (Lab Technical assistance, samples, results transportation, DBS SCM) in AGPAHI supported sites.
- Ensures that laboratories have an uninterrupted supply of reagents as well as the conditions necessary to ensure reagent stability
- Assesses laboratories for current capacity and guides capacity building efforts
- Facilitate supply chain management system on laboratory reagents and equipment through central procurement system and Medical store.
- Ensure all programmatic activities under laboratory services are implemented according to work plan
Capacity building of lab services in districts and sites:
- Liaise with Laboratory Quality Officers and other stakeholders in the district and region in developing strategies to improve and standardize the quality systems in all of the AGPAHI supported laboratories.
- Liaise with the ZPM and RPC to identify additional regional technical assistance needs and resources for laboratory quality assurance.
- Actively propose innovative strategies to ZPM and RPC for strengthening laboratory activities in the region, including the local capacity to implement and supervise these activities.
- Responsible for Lab related data collection, analysis and reporting and proper documentation.
- Prepare and submit monthly report on laboratory activities to RPC
- Collaborate with the ZPM; RPC to regularly inform all local stakeholders about the AGPAHI supported laboratory activities in the region.
- Provide any other information / reports as requested by the ZPM or RPC.
Qualifications, Skills and ability
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Advanced diploma or Bachelor of Science in Medical laboratory Technology.
- Experience working in a medical laboratory
- Experience with laboratory tests and techniques required for the diagnosis and monitoring of the following (but not limited to): HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, STIs, and other infectious diseases.
- Experience working with laboratory equipment, reagents and consumables required for the above-mentioned infections
Position Title: SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER, STRATEGIC INFORMATION
Reports To: REGIONAL PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Duty Station: SIMIYU
The Senior Program Officer Strategic Information is a self-motivated individual who will engage in the development of mathematical theory or apply statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information. New dawn
- Provide Data Analysis Support to AGPAHI Scientists Developing Manuscript and Abstract for Conferences, Meetings and Publication in Peer Reviewed Journal.
- Decide what data are needed to answer specific questions or problems
- Analyze and interpret data
- Report conclusions from their analyses
- Applying statistical methodology to complex data
- Participate in Program Grants Application by Working out Appropriate Sample Size and Sampling Methodology for Surveys, Program Evaluation and Operation Research.
- Provide technical support in Using statistical applications to make forecasts and to provide projected figures for finance, Trend of diseases and program Impacts
- Participate in Program Data Presentation Preparation and Information creation in a variety of formats
- Extraction of complex data (Data Mining) and Conveying complex information to people who may not be specialists
- Provide Routine Program Data Analysis Liaising with Monitoring and Evaluation colleagues to provide updates for Program performance.
- Provide Technical Advice to Monitoring and Evaluation teams involved in Supportive Supervision, Data collection in improving Data Quality and Reporting
- Participate in development of Data Capturing Tools
- Provide Mentorship and Training to AGPAHI staff on Data Analysis Skills
- Attend Scientific and Program Meetings Regularly
- Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by SI Manager
Education, Experience and Desirable Skills
- A university degree, or higher in any of the following areas: Statistics or Epidemiology with strong experience on Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Knowledge and experience with HIV and AIDS care and treatment Programs in Tanzania.
- Knowledge and experience with PEPFAR M&E reporting system and MoHCGEC HIV and AIDS Quality Improvement Programing.
- Proven ability to manage data and familiarity with statistical analysis packages
- Experience in writing of guidelines, best-practice documents, abstracts, proposals and reports will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the development of quality improvement tools and systems in HIV-related activities is an advantage
- Experience in public health program staff coordination and management) will be an advantage
Job Title: GRANTS OFFICER
REPORTS TO: Senior Grants Officer
Purpose of post: Assist Grants Manager in the provision of sub-agreement to AGPAHI
Program, monitoring and support of Sub awards and ensures compliance with the terms and conditions of the Organization awards
- Participate in developing compliance review plans with Senior Grants Officer and ensure they are properly implemented.
- Conduct compliance reviews for Sub Award and regional office as per the developed plan.
- Advise Senior Grants Officer on the need for developing new SOP as the need arise.
- Ensure all outstanding audit findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assess Sub Awardees’ risk level and assist in developing capacity as needed.
Monthly Financial Reports:
- Ensure each Sub Awardees has available funds, within the limitations of their agreement, at all times.
- Review and submit all monthly financial reports together with cash book for each sub awardee on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
- Monitors sub recipients’ expenditures against approved budget and program objectives and ensure that Monthly Financial Report is completed for each assigned Sub Awardee
- Ensure monthly financial report and cash book balance reconcile with sub awardees’ financial reports.
- Monitor Sub Awardees expenditure against work plan on monthly basis and advise Grants Manager Accordingly.
Sub – Agreement:
- Ensure each Sub Awardees has an active contract at all times.
- Ensure Sub Awardees adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times.
- Ensure the field office is in compliance with Donor’s rules and regulations as well as the Organization’s policies
- Assist in Pre-Award assessment process and ensures organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage a Sub Award.
- Oversees the negotiation of sub agreement terms and conditions and prepares final sub agreement award documents.
- Monitors sub recipient performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of award.
- Provides on-going assistance to sub recipients to administer their sub agreements compliant with all terms and conditions.
- Manages the sub agreement close out process.
- Work closely with contractual, financial and technical staff and provides guidance as necessary on sub agreement requirements.
- Ensure amendments to contract are developed and processed in a timely manner.
- Addresses problems or concerns with management of Sub Awards in a timely and effective manner.
- Facilitating implementation of both quarterly and annual internal and external audit to sun grantees respectively
- Provide technical support on financial analysis and financial planning such as cash projections, budget versus actual reports, cash obligation liquidation
- Providing training on AGPAHI and donor’s rules and regulations and financial management to Sub Awardees
- Orient regional staff on Donor’s rules and Regulations
- Ensure all Sub Agreement documents for sites assigned (electronic and paper) are complete, and organized and well filed.
- Ensure all Sub Agreement information’s are updated and accurate for assigned sub awardees.
- Maintaining property register and tracking of each assets provided by the organization under the award as maintained by sub grantee as per AGPAHI policy
- Assesses Award and Compliance policies and procedures on an on-going basis to identify and propose new policies or changes as needed, in addition to monitoring the implementation of existing Award and Compliance policies to ensure they are being properly adhered to.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Senior Grants Officer or AGPAHI staff regarding Award and Compliance activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Senior Grants Officer and the Zonal Program Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and ability
- A bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy from recognized College
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: grants management, contract management, finance management, accounting.
- Previous auditing and training experience are highly desirable.
- Experience with managing USG funding is required; experience with managing other major international donor funds and working with an NGO preferred
In order to achieve the goals at least 60% of working days will require local travel in AGPAHI supported sites
Job Title: OFFICE ATTENDANT
Report to: ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Location: MWANZA, MARA AND SHINYANGA
Purpose of Post:
The Office Attendant is responsible under the overall control of the Administration Officer for maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the office premises and environment
- Ensure that the office premises internally and externally are clean at all times
- Ensure that office supplies like cleaning materials, coffee, tea etc are economically utilized and available whenever required.
- Report security problem to supervisor immediately when there is any problem.
- Back up Administrative Officer when absent.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Administration Officer
The office Attendant reports to Administration Officer and may work closely with all other staff in order achieve the common goals of Organization
Education, Skills & Abilities
- Secondary Education certificate of completion
- Demonstrated 2-3 years’ experience on Office cleanliness.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 21stDecember, 2018 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to email@example.com
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.