Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Mission in Dar es salaam co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kibondo and Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
The Incumbent is responsible for general administrative office activities, daily petty cash management, accommodation and travel services for the arrivals and departures.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Deals with telephone and forward the emails in the DAR_admin mailbox to the relevant person;
- Schedules meetings/ appointments;
- Maintains relevant filing system and update documents on Team space regularly;
- Updates the office list (e.g. contact list, phone list, etc.) and share with Nairobi monthly;
- Handles daily petty-cash;
- Cash payment to suppliers;
- Performs daily cash control with the admin assistant and the F&A Manager;
- Supports the Finance department for the cash forecast and cash requests;
- Reconciliation of cash transactions with end of day cash balance;
- Organizes transports from and to the airport, travel tickets and accommodation;
- Presentssolutions to the F&A manager in case of problem linked to the welcome files;
- Negotiates yearly with suppliers (airline, hotels, etc.) in order to obtain favorable rates.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- Diploma in Office Administration or related field;
- Work experience of at least 2 years in a similar function (experience in a similar organization is an asset);
- Excellent command of English;
- Computer Literate.
The interested candidates should submit their applications latest by 14.1.2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Dar es salaam Mission, HR Department via:
The reference 002(Administrative Assistant) must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required academic & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one
should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com