Job Title: ACCOUNTANT
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Mission in Dar es salaam co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kibondo and Dar es Salaam Tanzania.
The Incumbent is responsible for financial management of invoices submitted for payments, verification of payments, performs monthly accounting tasks, prepares monthly forecasts for approval by the F & A Manager and prepares monthly taxes and statutory payments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Receives the prepared invoices for payments and verifies that the supporting documentation according to Rules on Financial Management;
- Verifies that the approval sticker is attached to each invoice, is properly filled in and signed according to List of signatories and Rules on Financial Management;
- Verifies that invoices issued by suppliers match the basic controls criteria;
- Performs end of month Reconciliations and accounting closure every month;
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation for approval by the F&A manager;
- Prepares the monthly forecasts for approval by the F&A manager;
- Preparation of quarterly balance confirmations, and ensuring timely feedback to the audit unit;;
- Monitors the cash needs and the forecasts for Kibondo office, and assists in case of need;
- Supportsthe F&A Manager in the preparation of the monthly forecast;
- Collects on a monthly basis invoices with VAT to be recovered and organises all necessary paperwork for submission to relevant government authorities, ensures the follow-up to get reimbursements on due time,
- Supervises the proper filing and archiving of all accounting documents.
Minimum required knowledge & experience
- Certified Public Accountant(CPA II) or Association of Charted Certified Accountant (ACCA 2) or equivalent qualification;
- Work experience of at least 2 years in a similar function (experience in a similar organization is an asset);
- Excellent command of English;
- Computer literate;
- Experience in computerized accounting, preferably ERP software.
The interested candidates should submit their applications latest by 14.1.2019 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Dar es salaam Mission, HR Department via:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com