Accounts and finance (Volunteer internship) at Silverleaf Academy November, 2018
|Accounts and finance (Volunteer internship) at Silverleaf Academy November, 2018|
Silverleaf Academy is a new group of affordable, high-quality private schools in Tanzania. Our mission is to provide the highest quality learning at the most affordable levels. We have launched our first two primary schools in Arusha, Meru district and have plans to expand to at least 30 schools nationwide.
Positions: Accounts and finance
Silverleaf academy seeks an enthusiastic, dynamic and self-starter to assist Sales and marketing, Finance, M&E and OPerations. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects while working for a well- known school chain organization.
- Implement the overall M&E framework for Silverleaf Academy’s schools.
- Develop data collection tools (including mobile-based survey tools) and design data management and reporting systems
- Conduct market research, product and customer enquiries including client satisfaction surveys, desk reviews and other reviews on a needs basis
- Create and monitor central office and level budgets
- Bookkeeping for all operational transactions via online accounts
- Tracking and managing all sales transactions and producing invoices for parents using internal systems called Xero
- Management of all petty cash and stuff funding requests with weekly reconciliations
- Preparations of monthly payroll for approval
- Plan and monitor organizational and department cash flows needs
- Training of head teachers on financial manuals and accompanying financial processes used throughout the company
- Monitor rates of progress and standards children are making
- To analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data
- To record and preserve monitoring and evaluation information in a safe and accessible way
- Collect data on marketing during marketing strategies implementations
- Support the marketing team in daily Marketing administrative tasks
- Attend different events as guided by the marketing officer
- Organise and support any implementation of events within the schools.
- Assist in marketing advertising and promotional activities
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Perform Market analysis and research on competitions
- Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns Develop FAQs from concerns, questions, feedback and calls received.
- Update and maintain Silverleaf’s social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major Silverleaf marketing events
- Update the Silverleaf site website as required.
- Reach out to the community organizations, general public and donors with the message about Silverleaf’s mission of quality education at an affordable price for all.
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing Plan and facilitate Marketing meetings
Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g.,
Marketing/Communications or Public Relations, M& E, Finance)
Previous internship or related experience in the mentioned field
Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint,
Excel). Proficiency in Adobe, In Design and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge of
HTML and graphic design a plus, Finance and M&E systems
An effective communicator, both written and oral
Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multitask and meet deadlines
Enthusiasm for the mission of Silverleaf academy and the society we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6-month commitment.
Hours: 7 hours/day, 5 days/week
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] ( attach a passport size in the main body of an email, ones you get a reply from the email record 30 seconds video to explain why you want to join Silverleaf Academy and send it to +255 629 882 149 – Whatsapp)
ASKING QUESTIONS WILL GET YOU DISQUALIFIED.
Silverleaf academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
5 total views, 2 today